Advice with Runoff ppm/ph

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tokeycones, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Hey guys, first time grower here trying to get everything dialed in. If im feeding until runoff then testing the ph/ppm after my Ph is 5.8 going in always steadily +6.2-6.3ph when it comes out. also If my ppm is lower coming out then going in do i increase the next feed by the ammount of ppm that was missing in the runoff? some of my girls runoff coming out same as wats going in, one or two are coming out 300ppm lower so i think they are heavier feeders ? Is this plant big enough to yield 2 zips or should i veg longer next time. GDP #4.jpg

2. Yield is based off more factors than size. How do the plants with lower ppm look. What are you growing in. Soil has so much buffer in it that you can get away most times with mistakes and bring your plant back

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yea i get that man more and more as i research, im growing in 70/30 coco/perlite mix , the ones with lower ppm runoff are the two with the most tops they look very healthy but are definitely a slightly ligher shade of green then the 3 with runoff matching whats going in, Any idea as to what's increasing my ph in runoff?

4. the plant in the picture above is one of the girls that's reading lower ppms in runoff.

5. Honestly the plant looks good from the pic what kinda light you using are you using enough calmag

6. thanks mate, I'm using 600w hps, 600w LED. no issues with calmag i'm adding once per week + my base nutes have a little, im after whats making my ph higher in runoff then whats going in, and what to do if your ppm is coming out lower then wats going in

7. Most buffers are designed to adjust ph to 6-6.5 there is no problem here.

8. Yea i'm growing in coco optimum is 5.8 and im phing before every feed 6.5 is no good for coco esp synthetic nutes during flower from what i've read

9. sorry new to most of this , by buffer you mean my medium? or my addatives

10. Some soils contain oyster shell, dolimite lime, and some people add it. But it adjust ph to 6.0-6.5 no matter what the ph is going in.

11. Yea im growing in organic coco, flushed and rinsed before transplants. I get what your saying but i don't think it applies to coco coir grows as we waim for 5.8-6.0 you guys are more 6.2-6.5

12. Word

13. The pH you are going for sounds about right. The pH rise undoubtedly correlates to a ppm drop. Most nutrient formulas will lower your initial water pH. As the ratio changes to a weaker solution the pH goes back toward the starting point. Raise your feed. The same coming out as going in means the plant is using water and nutrients equally.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cheers mate exactly the answer i was looking for, so raise my feed by the number of ppm thats missing from what i put in to wat comes out? say 800 in 600 out, next time put 1000 in?

15. This isnt all new to me except it it so different so tryping to get my head around ir all. I used to have a reef aquarium with fish live corals et etc. There were so many requirements u need to correct if out.
    Ill go with base elemens as i knew it but still a bit vague on them now. Most use RO water.these are ur base and again not sure if any use growers
    Calcium chloride in the form of Damprid or Dowflake has slight changes on ph.
    Most keep their ph around 7.5 to 8.2. Tbats roughly..
    Alkalinity
    Baking soda NOT baking powdet can be used to raise ur ph. Baking ur soda dramatinally raised calcium carbonate,
    MG
    This the other major component
    Mgchlor is commonly purched as Epson Salts

So although all the parameters are similar from growing plants to growing coral , ive just realised the correlation (if tbats the work)
    Yep , most already know this but just sharing the ligbtbulb that lit up. Sorry to bore u

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

16. That's about it. You might go a little less at a time say 900, but yeah.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

17. Wicked mate appreciate the help, strangest thing is one of the smaller plants is the one coming out way lower ppms tripple checked last feed

• Like Like x 1