Advice to get started?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Diatt, May 2, 2017.

1. Hello been growing for a little bit and just getting more and more into it. I wanted to start using my land and start trying to grow. If that be Hydroponics in a green house or another method I am not sure but I can grow in all of those. All I know is I have a goal to want to do this maybe start small work up to a smaller type nursery. Either way I know it's been a blast and I want to look more into this.

I just found this section in here(guess I should stop clicking on new post all the time) really cool I am going to dive in start reading a lot. If any one has external things I could watch(seen some stuff on youtube) that helped you in some way love to see it.

I like to keep my budget at around $5,000 for the green house. I am not limited on space and I am up for DYI if that becomes a better reach of an idea. I do get snow here where I am max of a foot and it gets around 7-20F in the winter. I am thinking I should def run metal over PVC and can weld and bend metal. I like to do it with out a heater if I can not sure if that's possible but I will take every idea you put out. I can run power to it and plumbing as well.

So if any one has been messing around with their green house for a while and has made the mistakes that I will prob end of making please slap me now and push me in the right direction :)

Thanks.

2. Awesome!

You could start out small and do a section of the greenhouse. Actually for 5000, that's on the cheaper end. How big is your greenhouse? A decent light can cost you up to 1-2000 alone. And that would only grant you a 4x4 area. What type of lighting do you want to use?

3. I don't have a green house right now that's what I am looking to do. I was not wanting to do lighting if I do not have to, but I do have lights that I can use. And when I run out of those I can dyi more lights later on.

I am not looking to grow cannabis in here, I will need to find out more of what is good around me to sell. But you are saying that $5,000 really won't get you much of a green house?

4. I have no experience with a build that big but I do know of one person who has a green house and it took 30-50k to get started. It is 24x24. I don't know any of the specs I do know it runs on its own with auto feeders

5. Where are you, generally? What climate?

No snow load worries? Hoopbender.net the 12' hoop will be too short for cannabis. I have used it.... can build and cover for 1$a sf.

Look for good used greenhouses. The wider the build, the cheaper it is per sf. I target paying $1 a sf for a used frame w/o accessories.

Nolts produce supply has the most economical frames out there. I just put up one of their crop king greenhouses with extra long ground posts for 14' of clearance on a 30' wide structure. Yay.

Roll up sides and end vents are your friend. Passive cooling is always cheaper than running fans. Tho you may want to bring in fans and or a dehumidifier at harvest time, if you are in a high humidity, cool climate in fall.

No snow load, bows on 6' centers, otherwise 4', 1.66 od bows minimum. Do not buy farmtek/clearspan.... 5piece bows are not viable. You want 2 piece bows.

You could probably do a 30x48 for around 5000.... if you buy used, add 2$ a square foot to reinstall with new lumber, poly, endwalls. 2x layer poly is highly recommended both for production and visual security

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. Google high tunnel how to for tons of info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk