advice setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by freshprince23, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Hello Grasscity

I'm new to cultivation with one valid attempt with outdoor growing before that didn't make it out of veg.My setup is a 6x3x8ft closet with a 6 pot homemade storage container dwc system with a 600w hps umbrella lighting system.I ordered theses seeds:

2x Mandala - California Dream - Feminized 1x Nirvana - Blue Mystic - Feminized 1x Free - 2 Free Feminized Seeds 1x Ministry of Cannabis - Big Bud XXL - Feminized 1x Barney's Farm - Blue Cheese - Feminized 1x SeedMakers - Orange Light - Feminized 

When they arrive I plan on using the moist paper towle method for germination and then for the lighting I was planing to use full spectrum 105w (=500w) 5000k cfl bulb I have covered the whole space with reflective mylar.I planing on placing the two free seeds I got with purchase in 5 gal buckets to the sides of the hydroponics setup so I can learn both areas of the growing world.please give me feedback on my setup.I was also thinking of adding a 1000w hps light in the next month and adding another dwc system with about 6 autos soon. Please give me advice I am very interested in this hobby and hope to learn alot and maybe start an operation in my 8•12•8 shed

2. Few things that stick out to me....

Ummmmm, how are you going to deal with the almost 2,100 BTU of heat that 600w will produce??
    Many new growers see the old school open bulb grows and want to do that...
    What they do not see is the fucking 5 TON A/C system cooling that garden... ;)

So they run out and get 1,600w of HID, put it in 18 sq ft of chamber and THEN ask for help cause the chamber is in the 90s and they cannot get it any lower.....

Now soil....
    Outside and inside soil is NOT created equal...
    There is a process which happens in nature which we need to make happen inside too that cannot because of most "good" base soils are sterilized, and thus killing the microorganisms which start the Nitrification process..

Can you put a seed in some potting soil and grow bud??
    SURE CAN!!

IMHO, you will get a LOT better quality medication if you give the plants what they need, when they need it..

I cannot remember who I got this from, but it's a KICKS ASS Soil mix...
    And made bodacious looking buds!!

Now what and why is up to you, to learn....
    So if you wanted to pick that apart, then Google is your friend.... ;)

Ummmmmmm, I would not suggest it right now....
    Do a soil grow indoors first and get the chamber somewhat stable before moving into hydro....
    Without a stable chamber, ALL you're going to do in hydro is have problem after problem....

How many plants do you think you're going to get in 18 sq ft?? :eek: LOL
    If you get SIX 30 day old veg plants in there, it's going to be a TOTAL jungle and a VERY low yield (IMHO anyway)....

IMHO, you need to take your foot off the gas, RESEARCH and LEARN before you toss your money in the wrong direction.
    Also IMO, sheds are too insecure for growing cannabis....

:wave:

3. Thank for you help what ways of ventilation would you recomend for a closet grow.so in your opinion you think i should grow my seeds with soil also thanks for the soil advice and yes now that you brought it to my intention I might try to grow the autos out side I am in the maryland area do you think i could grow 70 day autos out there. Also what are your thoughts on lighting

4. You're dealing with 144 cf, so IMO a 400cfm blower would be fine, as that would exchange the air every 2.7min...
    Ya, I would do a soil grow first, just because it's a LOT more forgiving than hydro...
    It's too late in the year for an outside auto that far north I think...

5. OK thank you for the advice and I'm going to follow that advice and also I'm going to extend the grow to make room for some autos as well.I will keep you updated.

6. So do you have any of the stuff yet? 8 plants is def way too much for you to grow all together. You need/should research your strains and try to choose a group of 4-5 that are close to the same genetic ratios of sativa and indica. If you do the auto (ruderalis) strains dont worry about the genetics thing and then you would want to increase your numbers.. Basically as many pots as you could fit in the space. But you dont really want to be growing any full sativas.. at least if you are interested in yield. 50/50 ratios to mostly or all indica is typical of indoor because of short size. If you grew a fully sativa with 4 other indicas you would have problems unless you planned ahead and trained it.. This is because it would grow a lot higher and get into the light; then you have to raise it but the others are now getting less.