Advice Requested

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by westcountrygirl, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. I'm a seasoned outdoor grower, but am about to embark on my first indoor journey.

A friend has advised me, but I thought I'd run everything by y'all here just to make sure I've got the right ideas before I start planting.

My seeds:
    SAGARMATHA SEEDS Indica XXL Feminized

My light and lamps:
    Envirolite Grow Lamp/Light Reflector
    200W 6400K (Blue) lamp
    200W 2700K (Warm Red) lamp

Small room with good ventilation, will be kept around 70F.

My friend has advised me that once the seeds have germinated I should give them 24 hours of light for the first few weeks under the blue lamp.

Is that right???

Any advice, tips for this specific set-up will be very gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

Westcountrygirl :wave:

2. It isn't wrong, I can't say it's "right" because that isn't the one and only way to do it. But yes, once the sprouts pop through the soil give them the 6400k light. You can put them on a cycle anywhere from 24/0 to 18/6 or something in between and that will work well for vegging. Start the light off at a bit of a distance and lower a couple of inches each day so they get used to the intensity. Grow like that for as long as you want to veg, then switch to the 2700k light and put it on a 12/12 cycle when you want to set them to flower.

3. Thank you!

I'm starting today. So excited! :smoke: