Advice plz

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ar42o_, Feb 24, 2017.

1. First grow got 4 CFLs like 50 or 75 watt "equivalent" ... Are my plants dying or am I doing something that is harming them I had no plant food at all so I used some random miracle grow food n it did keep growing so I don't think there dead just kinda yellowing I took the other 5 outside now they appear to be OK except for white dots on one of em probably spider mites or something ... If I get lady bugs I just put em in the pot and they will stay? Also should I take these two outside or keep them going in here .... Maybe the light cycle was just fucked up n stressing em I just got a timer for them last night got it at 8am off at 10 pm [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Never use miracle grow first off, second keep them under light atleast 18 hours if not more until flower (I do 20/4) thirdly, repot those girls! Get some better nutrients and make sure you don't over water, your soil looks dark. Also check your ph levels. Seems like a lot but once you have a system down it gets easier. Ther looks like yellowing as well so it could be some nitrogen deficiency.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The plant in the jar is a no no. How is the dirt going to drain? You have to have proper drainage. You do not want wet dirt. Basically your pouring water in a jar and hoping the roots can take it up faster than it can drown it. Roots need more oxygen than water keep that in mind

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/perpetual-closet-grow.1434897/

• Like Like x 3
  4. What's some decent but cheep food I could get say at Walmart or home depot ? Don't got money for stuff like foxfarm that's y I'm using cheap shit

• Like Like x 1
  5. I grinded the bottom so there's drainage holes

• Like Like x 1
  6. There is nothing at Walmart or home depo that is going to cut it for your plants. Nothing at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you want something cheap find a hydro store and buy florabloom and floramicro. Should run about 25$ combined. Then there's another part for veg stage that's like 12$ as well but once you flower those will absolutely need nutes. And they could use bigger buckets soon

• Like Like x 1
  9. Walmart and homedepot garden sections are a joke, unless your going there to get grass seeds or a sprinkler to water your lawn, don't bother. General hydro is cheap and will work and you can order it online if you absolutely have to. Amazon has decent prices and shipping and is generally discreet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ok well I will look for a hydro store thanks guys didn't mean to sound rude or anything just sounds funny cuz my homie grew a couple n he always telling me I baby the fuck out of them said he just threw them outside n watered them... They did grow I saw them. That's y I feel like even cheap shit will work. Will try a hydro store thanks everyone

11. That DOES work but, the THC levels aren't going to be that high. It's cannabis, baby the shit out of it she's doing you a favor by getting you high for free. Plus the more you baby the better she'll grow, the better she'll smoke.

• Like Like x 2
  12. And trust me, you don't want to be smoking miracle grow, unless you want migraines every time you smoke....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Clear growing containers = a big no no. Light getting to your roots is not good for your plants.

EDIT: Whoops, just saw the tape on the containers, disregard.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Here's what you get if you do baby them, I work on my plants every day, I even do timers myself just in case, ph everyday, and since I use dwc I have to water everyday. The left is special queen#1 and right is original amnesia IMG_1373.JPG IMG_1377.JPG

15. Bro I ain't sayin like that but you do prove a point . Very nice looking plants , but what I'm saying is I think they will grow fine in miracle grow
    .. not the best but I think I will have success as long as I take care of them they look good so far will take more pics tomorrow. Just topped them

• Like Like x 1
  16. When I first started back into growing, I was using Jack's. Its a powdered nute..pretty cheap. Not everybody sells it. Go to their website and look up retailers in your area. Just don't expect alot with the 'cheap' route your using. For a good harvest you need good light, good nutes, and good environment. HTH

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have a friend I can't convince to switch from miracle grow. Nothing against him but he's thick skulked and a little on the slower side. He's of average intelligence it just takes him a while And he really never has a desire to learn. He uses miracle grow soil and miracle grow nutes. He uses sunlight outdoors and t5 indoors.

He grows a shit ton of plants but I've never seen a nug from him with any quality whatsoever. If he changed from what he's doing he could get twice as much from half the plants and it would be twice as good.

Do not be like other new growers who think they know something we don't.

Yes your plants will grow but it will as if you are giving them nothing that they want. I'd like to see you eat just peanut butter on bread lol that's my analogy for miracle gro. Do you want to eat the same shit your whole life or do you want steak? Your friend does not understand npk values obviously, Next time he tells you how awesome he is at just sticking plants in the ground outside and then chopping them down the first week of September when they need another 6 weeks, slap him in the face for us real growers who he insults when he says things like "you don't need all that shit"

I dare your friend to try to grow a plant indoors with just miracle grow and miracle grow nutes and I will grow the same strain under the same lighting and harvest 4 times as much.

When I see someone pull down buds the size of my bicep with straight miracle grow I'll buy into the hype. Until then you should pick up a bottle of something cheap that will give you great results. Take our advice and then show your friend and make him a believer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Of course there is.

Pro Mix
    Perlite
    Lime
    Gypsum
    Coco Coir
    Bio Char
    Fish Fertilizer
    Bat Guano
    Dr Earth soils & fertilizer products