advice please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grumpy, Oct 2, 2004.

1. at what point in the plants life is the best to begin feeding the plant? how many times should i do it?

is the following setup sufficient for the vegetation stage?
    i'm planning to purchase a 70 watt HPS for flowering in the next couple weeks.

45 watt cool white CFL
    45 watt soft white CFL
    2x40watt floro tubes (wide spectrum)

will this be good for a single plant in a 3x3 area? white walls.

2. probably have enough to veg, and flower will be ok with the 70 HPS.........but not in a 3x3 room.........you'd need to make a box to downgrade the size of the room, or get bigger lights to use the 3x3...........if your planning on growing more than 1 plant, then the 3x3 is ideal, i use a 3x3, with a 400W HPS for the entire grow, and sometimes add in a 150watt MH to provide a dual spectrum..........you can grow up 6 comfortably in that space, but i'd suggest 4.............that way you may get 2 females, and if they all turn out female you can still handle them..............so really the answer to your question is YES, but you need a smaller room, if not, bigger light/s

nice state you live in, i loved visiting New Orleans, and going out on an airboat with the gators............Peace out........Sid

3. :) yep this state is ideal for outdoor growing mid spring, lots of moisture and sun.

the 3x3 is a little less than a 3x3, its a shower stall so the walls are white and decent for reflecting i suppose,, when i begin to flower, i do plan on using the hps along with all the additional floros i can find. with more folors on the sides of the plant, when the plant branches and buds to the sides i should have the decent amount of light to support decent buds.
    soft white for flowering is best?
    another thing...
    how much circulation is too much? right now my baby is movin with the wind. i guess its natural to move with the wind but exactly what is too much? when the nearly falls over? i'm using a box fan out the front the shower, and in the pot itself im using a cpu fan.
    i could say its tilting back and forth uhh 35 degree angle. too much wind?

4. I have had wind fans blowing my plants almost completely over and it strengthens them well. Only problem I ever see with it is that pushes the plant(s) further away from the light. Just rotate them and keep lights close, it will work well!

Gg

5. TY!

i found a huge can of 12-18-6
    will this feed work? and again, at what point should i begin feeding?

6. your selected fert will work, but for veg you want something that has a higher nitrogen content, yours is better for flowering. also be careful of having the fans directly on the seedlings on high. believe it or not i killed 3 seedlings with too much wind from a fan once. a lot of people introduce a diluted solution end of 2nd week going into the 3rd.

7. Please do take dread's advice, seedlings are babies and can be quite fragile. I was speaking of plants that had been growing at least 2 weeks or so :)

Gg

8. alright my plant is 8 days old now.

Attached Files:

9. HIGH All,
    ....yes and a diluted solution is about 1/3 of the recommended feeding instructions.

Grow Baby Grow.....