Advice please on transplanting at day 50+

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by PatchAttack, Apr 12, 2016.

1. 1460433537949.jpg
    Discovered what I think my prob is with my 3 plants in front that look horrible. My pH in my soil at root level is around 4.5. Question is I bought better soil
    Ffof 75%
    25%perlite
    1tbsp dolomite lime per gallon of planter
    Currently it's a shitty MG soil.
    Should I transplant into better soil or just flush and see if that fixes it?? Thanks for any thoughts!!!

PatchAttack

2. you can..first I would foliar feed them some mild nutes to green them back up..like 1/4 dose of a complete nute and get it under the leaves...wait a few days and see how they look

• Like Like x 1
  3. OK thanks. So just feed some nutes in my spray bottle and spray my plants? Use 1/4 - full strength? Thanks TinTizzy

PatchAttack

4. Sorry didn't read that well obviously. I'll foliage feed them 1/4 strength for a cpl days and see what happens then transplant them out of that super hot soil it's in

PatchAttack

5. yea what nutes you using? ..use a gallon and if it's like 4ml then do 1ml of the base nutes..then put it in a sprayer

6. OK gotcha. I have fox farms trio package

PatchAttack

7. And the two I have pics off 1460434549301.jpg

PatchAttack

8. use the fox farm and soak the top and bottoms of leaves

9. OK thanks I'll try that

PatchAttack

10. That doesn't show improvement just go ahead and transplant?

PatchAttack

11. "You can also use Grow Big® as a foliar feeding, applying to both sides of leaves, preferably early in the morning." so just use grow...you can add a tsp of epsom salt too if you have it

12. it should start to get greener in 3-4 days if not do it one more time...you can transplant anytime in between the foliar itshould at least minimize stress...be careful getting the excess soil off the roots when you transplant to minimize shock

13. OK I have some calmag. That work for the Epsom salt? And what do you mean be careful getting excess soil from the rootball? Just don't remove too much u mean or get ad much as I can being gentle both ways of course

PatchAttack

14. nah dont use calmag that has more n in it the grow should be fine it has kelp...and yea be careful with the rootball you can remove plenty of soil if its not rootbound...might want someone to help those will be heavy one handed...you can break roots just be sure to give them a week or two to bounce back..they might get shocked but they will bounce back..the new soil has lots of castings and stuff so should do good

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks so much for everything. You've helped a ton. Much appreciated.

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  16. np man I've been there and have turned some sadder plants around haha..just keep it in veg at least a couple weeks and let them turn around...you can super crop or top if they start getting too big...good luck

• Like Like x 1
  17. another fyi is ffof has plenty of nutes so wont need food for a bit into flower probably...I transplanted into fresh ffof once and started flower the next few days and got a bit of n tox so just keep any eye for that

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks Tin. I was actually worried about that. Having fresh nute rich soil going into flowering. The 3 plants I have that need fixed have plenty of room to grow it's my two big plants I'm worried about keeping in veg for another 2wks. I'll figure it out though. I just topped the shit out of 2 big plants last week. They r just coming back from it and starting to grow grow grow again. I only have a 4ft x 4ft x 7ft tent so I wasn't planning on all 5 plants I don't know which ones will be females so I was hoping to keep them all healthy and going until I saw sex and got rid of any males then fit what I have to fill my canopy inside my tent

PatchAttack

19. #19 TinTizzy, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    you should be fine you can hack a lot off if you want like 4-6in if they get real big and you can also trim each topped branch down to one main branch if you want it will just be a little crooked...they look indica dom so shouldn't stretch more than a foot or so...ill be around so you can hmu with questions whenever

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks TinTizzy! I really appreciate all the feedback. My ffof came in today so I'm transplanting my 3 sick plants later tonight. I was going to transplant all 5 but the 2 big ones seem to be doing great so should I just leave then in the medium they are in?

PatchAttack