Advice or thoughts please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Noobs84, Jun 17, 2017.

1. HI all im a complete noob to growing could you please let me know what you think of the progess, my plants are about 5 weeks old from sprouting the seed they are short with what i think is very tight nodes, Northern lights fem seeds ran on a 600w led. Is it worth me kerping in veg longer as they arent very tall? Or scrapping them and starting again? Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Let em sit in veg another 2 weeks then flip to flower, why would u restart?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JUst fyi i butchered half thr bottom leaves and branches in a mad moment you can probably tell from the stem, thanks for any advice

4. I Juat didnt know if i have messed them up as they seem a lot shorter than other videos i seen so thought i may not get anything worthwhile from them, would be disappointed to goto flower and get tiny buds after another 2 months

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would keep it personally.

• Like Like x 2
  6. It was worth removing those bits at the bottom, don't worry.
    Northern Lights is quite a compact plant usually, so your short plant with tight nodes is typical.

All looks good. Veg a couple of weeks longer if you can then flip.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok thanks for the input, i feel a bit more confident now about them to be honest, i was wondering if i had gone majorly wrong sonewhere as i have carbon filter and intake outtake fan with a humidifier in a small closet, i think i may have stunted them for a short while in the beginning and i think the ventilation still takes most of the humidity out when its all on. I guess time will tell. Ill keep in veg for another two weeks and then flip as suggested. Appreciate your help and thoughts.

8. My two cents...next time add perlite, it helps heaps.
    Also be aware that your 600w led is nearly certainly not 600w (unless you sold an arm and a leg for it). So if your comparing yours to a 600w mh/hps grow it won't equate..

But yes keep going with it, Keep us updated and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. THank you it draws about 280 and its a mars hydro 600w just for the two plants in a small cupboard. I will keep uodated for sure as i get along really for my first grow i just want to see a decent plant.. Then i can really look into improving on it. I ph my water and have some good quality nutes to feed etc and big bud for the end so fingers crossed. Im growing this for a family member who needs it due to chronic pain, i dont smoke it myself. Thanks all.. Ps. Will defo get aome vermiculite or perlite

10. Looks good for 5 weeks. Depends what you want to harvest but if they were mine I'd top them ASAP. Several times and I'd veg for another 4 weeks. It all depends how much room you have though

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

11. Thanks, i have topped them once i think the same time as i took the pics last week, they have come up a little since, i will re top in a week i guess, not sure how quickly to top again maybe in a couple of nodes? Im in a very small wardrobe at the moment so space isnt a luxury at the moment but i just need to buy a grow tent next week when i get the funds and move my big fish tank :)

12. This is a ipad account i will post from the other one some photo of the setup

13. unless your in a huge hurry for weed grow them longer. i always tie the top over sideways and let the middle fill out (no topping stress). then once it gets bigger thin out the lower branches. this is how i get bushes with ounces instead of a tree hah

14. Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy

After you've finished with that browse through the site. After you've browsed read it all. After you've read it, read it again.

I'm about 5 weeks into my first grow too.

First Grow - 600w mh/hps - soil - photoperiod

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Noobs84, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017

16. #16 Noobs84, Jun 18, 2017

17. #17 Noobs84, Jun 18, 2017

• Like Like x 1
  18. I Used to smoke when i was younger as in teenager, ive always loved the smell and the plant itself. It just makes me paranoid smoking it now so thats why =) peace and thanks

• Like Like x 1