advice on ventilation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jhightime, Aug 7, 2007.

1. hey im moving and i figured that its time to add ventilation to my grow room. ive never added fresh air b 4 nor an exhaust fan to blow air out so any advice on some of your ventilation systems setups and maybe some info about it will be well appreciated

2. Hey Dude,

Im in the HVAC industry by trade and I installed an HRV in my room. What it is is a Unit the introduces 100% fresh air while exhasting the same amount of air it brings in using one fan. The Fresh air passing the old hot stale air in the air exchanger (the key part in the HRV system) creates free cooling by condensing the fresh air. The best part is that it only uses 75watts. If you need more info just ask......my dinner is ready:D

3. I'm using a 150mm Inline fan, attached to a 150mm Odorlok carbon filter. I have 1 100mm computer fan for intake, and 1 100mm fan for the grow.

During veg i'm only using the intake fan to keep humidity as high as possible (still only 40%)
    Then i turn on the extraction fan for flowering and run an active intake, active exhaust.

Works really well, Oh yeah i'm running a 400W HPS with no cool tube and the temps. are perfect.