Advice on the best plug and play dwc kit?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GoAheadGetHigh1991, Jan 4, 2019.

1. In middle of a soil grow. But thinking of going to hydro.. I have a 4x4 with a hlg 600. Looking for a hydro kit that is or almost complete for around 4 to 5 bills.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Jesus you could make a shitload of DWC buckets for that kinda money. I made a RDWC with 4 buckets for less than $100. Bubble Boy has a 6 bucket setup for $100

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah you could build a RDWC yourself with beast lights for that much money

• Like Like x 2
  4. Waterfarm 8 pack.
    Waterfarm 8 pack.jpg

5. As others have said.... dwc is so stupid simple no need for an overpriced ‘kit’

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. That waterfarm... uhhhhhg

Clear/white tubing for the drip rings??? Really?!

Also recirculating is a huge pita, can leak, takes forever to ‘fully circulate’ and is completely unnecessary. Plus it means you can’t just move a bucket around when you want to.

And no one needs this much effing hydroton.

7. The white tubing is for air from the air pump.

• Like Like x 1
  8. While you're here, do you have anything good to say about rdwc? Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  9. My very first grow was 6 plants (I know now, way too many) in a GeneralHydroponics Ecogrower.
    I've since tried a CurrentCulture DWC Solo Pro single large reservoir DWC.
    Recently I ordered a 6 bucket RDWC system The Original AquaBuckets 6 Site Deep Water Culture (DWC) Hydroponic System
    but when it arrived, I decided it was too many buckets and hoses, and haven't used it.
    Instead, I bought the controller bucket system from the GH Waterfarm-8, a second Ecogrower, and hooked the controller to the 2 Ecogrowers in 2 separate tents.
    Eventually I'd like to hook a second controller system to several humidifiers, and make the whole system very easy to maintain.

10. Buckets are overly complicated and then there are the seals.

I use industrial tanks.

11. Indeed, ridiculous of me to miss that!

12. I did rdwc, didn’t notice any advantages over just dwc, and seemed to just overcomplicate things.

My apologies. It’s still a fine method and if you like that type of setup then don’t listen to me.

13. Thats true, i believe the best part about it is keeping nutes from settling and i like the idea of doing everything in on res, also water circulation helps keep temps more regulated than standing still, however the risk of infecting every plant when one gets in trouble is a big set back. No apologies needed, everyone has a rite to opinions and grow methods after all, we are headed towards the same goal. P34C3 and happy growing my fellow blade

14. When I did one rez, It took too long to fully circulate. So after I adjusted everything, i had to wait and readjust. I ended up just adjusting rez, and buckets all at same time to save time. Eventually just dropped the r and did dwc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Have you ever thought about do GREEN ENVY EBB AND FLOW SYSTEM,. PUT SOME HYDROTON IN THE SACKS AND PUT FEEDER ON A GOOD SCHEDULE AND YOU'LL BE GOOD TO GO WITH A GREAT SYSTEM I HAVE ONE JUST ISNT SET UP YET BC I AM MOVING

Sent from my moto x4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. May have a hard time fitting a kit or system in that size of tent.

Honestly, for a tent that size I wouldn’t do more than 4 plants so a simple DWC should more than suffice.

Has everyone else missed this factoid? (4x4 tent). I think when taken into account it’s clear that rdwc/ebb n flow Would have to be custom built to fit in that small of space and is really unnecessary.

17. #18 Private Stalk, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Bro P,

You don’t need a dwc ‘kit’. You need someone to tell you what to buy and how to put it together.

It won’t cost near that much. Also i’ve got a 4x4 with 600w so can help guide you based on your situation. Like using a lower profile tote vs taller 5gal bucket etc...

I got you covered tomorrow when I wake back up but the magical item is an adjustable hole cutter. They are like $6-$11. Will cut perfect holes in a bucket for net pots.

Would you prefer an online ‘cart’ or just a list of stuff to buy locally. And if locally, do they have hydro stores and are you comfortable shopping there? Or just regular hardware stores etc...

18. #19 Private Stalk, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    If going hydro... take money you save by diy, and get an RO system. It’s not necessary but they are very nice and you clearly have budget for one.

I also can help guide you there. Even if you rent you can still put a nice RO under the sink and take it with you when you leave without damaging anything etc...

Mine stores 3 gallons in tank under the sink, and replaces it fast. For a 4 plant setup in a 4x4 tent, you wouldn’t need anything more. You won’t be able to fit a full 5 gal of water in your buckets by the time you account for net pot height anyway.