Advice on seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jaxsin, Jan 9, 2007.

1. I am planning on growing my first plant :hello: and i was wondering would anyone be able to recommend some good seeds for beginners but also good to smoke:rolleyes: price is not an issue

Thanks in advance

2. For a first grow use bagseed if you have any or else consider Northern Lights.

3. Toasty beat me too it but I was going to also suggest Northern Lights. Its well known for its hardiness as well as its potency. But again, you'd be better off getting some experience first with some free bag seeds. Good luck either way.:)

4. Yeah Ape, NL is my standard recommendation for newbies because it is:
    - hardy - stands up about as well as any strain to mistakes in nutes, pH, and lights, and also takes nicely to LST
    - potent
    - indica dominant, so low height
    - low odor
    - seeds tend to be among the lower priced

It isn't "exotic" or "sexy," it doesn't have unusual fruit flavors, it doesn't turn purple, but it gets the job done very nicely. Who could argue with that?

5. Or you could just do your reading and homework and grow good seeds to begin with like I'm almost done doing

6. Your right, and thats what I did my first time too. But like you said, I read a bunch of books, learned all I could and then used forums like these to learn as I went. So yeah its possible, but most people just want to get right into it without doing homework first.

7. Lol thanks for the advice yeah i heard of northern lights boy grew some down the road from me and it grew pretty well so yeah i will try that and get some advice off him along the way im also planning to buy books of the internet to help was just trying to get a set of seeds im happy with first

8. dont ask your m8 down the road for advice . no1 rule tell no one .

9. shiva shanti 2 is a good variety for first timers from sensi seed bank and they are at the cheaper end of the price range there's no point spending a load of money on your first lot of seeds because you will make mistakes (trust me everyone does ) :D