Advice on pipes

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by thankgodformentalillness, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Hola amigos, i need some advice on the positives/negatives of pipes, particularly hand pipes. I've really only smoked some home-made bongs *shiver in disgust* and joints. Pipes seem so much more transportable and easier to use but i've heard they're more harsh. I've started smoking a lot lately so i'm becoming somewhat experimental with my method of consumption. post some pics, give advice or leave a suggestion i'd be interested in what ya'll got to say. 

ciao  :smoke:

2. when someone says put that in your pipe and smoke it......do it

3. #3 JennaClark, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
    In pipe smokers these risks include heart disease, chronic lung disease, and cancer of the lip, tongue and throat. In fact, the largest risk for pipe smokers may be in developing cancer of the lip. https://www.cubancigarsbest.com/index.php/cohiba-robustos.html So Make sure that your pipe is cleaned from your previous smoke before loading and packing fresh tobacco.

4. Get a bong. It's not as portable as a pipe ,but there's nothing like coming home from a long days hard work ,and taking a nice big rip from the bong. The water in a bong also filters out some of that nasty tar ,and gives you a nice smooth hit.

5. @JennaClark tobacco what the fuck? why are you here?

The Strainger

6. @[member="8_SMOKER"] - I assume @[member="JennaClark"] used the word tobacco as a general term, possibly to avoid referencing marijuana for one reason or another. Not a big deal.

Like @[member="delightfully_high22563"] said, bong is nice but if you are looking for a small pipe, check out the Protopipe. They are made of brass, are pretty compact, contain a poker and place to stash whatever you are smoking built-in, and don't require a screen. There isn't much distance between the mouthpiece and bowl so the smoke is a bit hot, but that's just a trade-off for the other benefits of its design. It's my go-to pipe when I want portability and don't feel like dealing with my vaporizer's battery running out while on the go.

7. #8 Null12, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    Now me personally, I'm a joint smoker. I love my bongs though, and as previously mentioned, there's nothing like coming home from a long days work and ripping a massive cone. That said however, pipes are indeed more portable and easier to hide. My advice with pipes is to get a cheap one from your local head shop or website, and see if you like it. Shouldn't set you back more that $15 tops. If you like it, then go out and spend money on a nice handcrafted pipe. If you don't, no biggie.

Experience from my own Gandalf style pipe from LotR. =)

Peace out.

8. What? I don't recall anyone smoking weed and getting cancer because they used a spoon instead of a bong...

Unless you really do mean tobacco...in which case...... you're posting in this thread because?

9. the fuck?

10. what i would do is go get a nice little bubbler. i had a sherlock bubbler before my parents took it. it ripped really well, filtered the smoke through water and was easy to trasnport because it wasnt very large.

11. I think all us spoon smokers acknowledge that we'd be better off vaping or using a bong. Harshness/coughs come with the spoon, but I love it.

12. i used to use a spoon. then i started using my bubbler, then my mini bong, then my new 18" GonG bong. I tried using my spoon one day and i just could not go back to it

13. I'm more of a bowl smoker more than anything! I have been smoking bowls for awhile now and I have learned the differences between each. A bowl will get you higher in my opinion than a joint. However, the bowl high font last as long as a blunt or joint. A bong? That will rip you. You will be blasted in a few hits. HOWEVER. I learned I devolved a very high tolerance smoking my bong daily. A bowl would not get me high after smoking my bong for a few days. Pipes are always my favorite. Glass all the way. No metal. They're nice and portable. You only need a few puffs. You can control how much smoke ya want using the carb hole or "shotty".Once you start smoking, you'll build up resin. It starts affecting the smoke after awhile, like you can taste it. It taste pretty gross. I used to clean my bowl once a week. Would soak it water for a bit. Would wash it in ISo about every month and a half or so.You can scrape the bowl for the res but its VERY messy. An easy way I learned to collect resin is by using a paper towel, and a bobby pin, paper clip, something bendable. I would throw the bit of paper towel in my pipe and use the paper clip to clean all the resin off the inside. Than I would take the paper towel out after I was finished, roll it in a ball and smoke it. You may have toUse a few bits of paper towel if you have a bunch of resin build up. Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

14. This is all you need nothing fancy

[​IMG]

15. thats what i have. a blue and orange, 6 inch tall bubbler. its so nice. it cools the smoke enough so its easy on the throat but its also nice and easy to hide. i love that thing

Fuck yea i love mine i call it silent but deadly

17. i didnt name mine. i couldnt think of a good one

18. #19 Skywalker298, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    Dude I just use vegetables to smoke out of

19. i used an apple once. it was great. made it taste a little sweet. and it was easy to get rid of with no evidence that anyone would suspect