Advice on new car UK

Discussion in 'General' started by mrsheen, Oct 21, 2012.

1. i have a £2000 budget
    Car I have in mind is a 1998-2002 BMW 3 series I think the E46 body style
    Any advice on this car? Pros cons ?
    I am 20 full time student and just passed driving test ? Idea on insurance ? Cost of running ? Etc

2. Lol 2000 isnt gonna get you a bmw worth buying, you will most definitely spend a lot more than that on repairs and such. The insurance will be expensive as well since its a bmw and you are a 20 year old guy with little driving experience. Unless you can fix it yourself, dont buy it. I highly suggest a honda or a toyota, you can get a cheap one without any problems and it will last forever.

With a £2000 budget id say forget luxury and get something built to last thats gonna have minimal problems.

3. [quote name='"smokin bud"']Lol 2000 isnt gonna get you a bmw worth buying, you will most definitely spend a lot more than that on repairs and such. The insurance will be expensive as well since its a bmw and you are a 20 year old guy with little driving experience. Unless you can fix it yourself, dont buy it. I highly suggest a honda or a toyota, you can get a cheap one without any problems and it will last forever.

With a £2000 budget id say forget luxury and get something built to last thats gonna have minimal problems.[/quote]

Wow ok will definitely re-consider