Advice on my grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shalomaleichem, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Hi everyone - I'm totally new to grasscity. I joined because I've been toking for over three years, and decided I'd like to give growing a shot. I wanted some advice on my grow, and naturally I have some questions.

I'll start off by saying that stealth is not a factor here. I have a home with a completely empty basement in which I'll be conducting my grow.

I'll be growing 15 plants (10 sativas and 5 indicas, all are feminized) under a 600-watt HPS bulb system. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ECZQTY?psc=1&...)
    In a corner of my basement, in a place with no light, I'm building a grow tent frame from PVC and panda film to reflect the light, and the dimensions are 5x5x5. I'll be using a mix of 70% Fox Farms Ocean Forest and 30% Perlite, with Fox Farms nutes. I'm also using a 7" fan to regulate heat. I'm using 3 gallon planters.

I'll be focusing on getting a faster yield - not concerned about maximizing yield per plant currently.

A few questions:
    -I don't have to be worried about fire risk/blowing circuits from my 600-watt light, will I?
    -After germinating my seeds, can I plant them directly in my soil?
    -What is minimum veg time for my seeds? Keeping in mind I'm trying to get a quicker yield. I'm planning on cloning from my first batch, and giving my clones little to no veg time.
    -Where can I get a general idea of nutrient schedules?

Any comments or suggestions about my setup are welcome. Thanks!

Sholom

2. #2 lotek590, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
    oh man, if you have basement you are sitting in the catbird seat. Basements are perfect for pot. You can germinate seeds directly in the soil they will spend their whole life in. There's lot of myths about fem seeds going hermie on you if they get stressed or have light leaks. I use fem seeds and never have a problem, but I would let them veg about 6 weeks, or you run the risk. Also, I would not clone a fem seed. Most breakers are designed for 1800w so if your light trips the circuit you wil need to move some things off that breaker.

3. #3 lotek590, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
    otherwise, nobody uses bottled nutrients any more, 5 cups tomato tone, one cup kelp meal, one cup alfalfa meal per 32 quarts of soil mix and you are good to go, germ to harvest, add water only (and small amounts of water at that, like no more than one cup per day per plant in the early stages)
    best money I ever invested was in a 3 gallon sprayer, That will prevent you from dumping too much of that killer (water) on your young plants

4. 15 plants under a 6? U will need more light or less plants