Advice on my future: Will this work?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by NotoriousBLP, Oct 6, 2013.

1. #1 NotoriousBLP, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    Okay so my senior year of high school is coming to an end and I am trying to work it out in my head what I am going to do after graduation. I do have the option to go to college, but personally I feel like school really isn't for me and if I apply myself I can be successful in life without the whole college diploma. I have come up with, what seems to me, to be a pretty solid idea. Before I tell you it I want to say that I posted this in high ideas because I came up with this plan, last night, while I was blazed :bongin:

So obviously since I just came up with this, minor things will change here and there, and I need to do a lot more research as to how I would go about this... but here is kind of what I have been thinking so far:

If I don't go to college I probably won't get financial support from my parents after I move out, which is fine. However, me being a teenager with only a high school diploma, trying to balance paying for food, housing, entertainment, etc. will be a lot to handle, considering I could probably only get a minimum wage job or slightly a bit higher than minimum.

The cost for a person to live comftorably in a van is around $10,000 a year. This would not make me a hobo, I would buy a gym membership so I can shower daily. I would also cook all my food inside my van (so I stay healthy) and I would obviously sleep inside my van. I would park where I could at night, most nights I will probably be moving around to maintain undetected or I would stay in a wal mart parking lot (they allow overnight campers).

While I am doing all this, I will be working and saving my money up. It will probably take me a couple years to save up enough money, but when I finally do, I plan to open up my own head shop! I am currently taking a business/maketing class in high school so I know the basics.. and I researched it a bit, you DO NOT need a diploma to open a business. In fact you don't need a diploma for most professions, educate yourself before you pay large sums of money to go to college

So yeah, obviously theres more to it than what I just said. I plan to do all this is Berkley or San Fransisco, because I figure it will be easy to get a job there, head shops are obviously in high demand there, I love it there, and they are very liberal meaning they're possibly slightly more van dweller friendly.

Anyways, I just want some advice from some older and wiser grasscity users that know if this sounds to far fetched or if it's a good plan. I haven't brought it up to my dad yet because I am worried he will think I am trying to be some dirty hippy living in my pot van, but that's not it at all.

I truly feel people require way to much, a living space for a human doesn't need to be any bigger than the size of the inside of a van, and many of us have been spoiled. I want to change my life around a little bit, spend more time outside, see things, and just become a better person. I probably won't be a van dweller all my life but maybe for right out of high school it would be a good experience?

And of course once my business got going then I could start to save for a house, or whatever I decide then. Any thoughts everyone? :confused_2:

2. Decided to put this in Tokers Q&A for better responces