Advice on my First attempt.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by seannery, Nov 24, 2010.

1. I have a flowering space that is 3'6" deep, 4'6" wide, and 5'6" tall. I am planning a Veg box that will be 1'4" deep, 2'10" wide, and 2'1" tall.

I know my flowering room is a little short, but what is ideal height for the VEG box?

Also, I have 3 24w CFLs mounted in the VEG box. will that be sufficiient light?

Finally, considering the height restriction what do you think is the best light to go with for the flowering room?
    I have been told that I can get away with a 250w hps, is this accurate, or would a 400w be better?
    How much hotter does a 400w run from a 250w?
    What kind of fan will I need?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. You will need 4 27w CFLs for your first plant and 50 additional watts per plant after that for your veg room... More lighting is always better than less for flowering and a 400 watt light would not add any additional heat as long as you are doing shit right. Any time you are using HID lighting you need proper ventilation check out this thread for more info on the subject, http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...-list-beginners-other-useful-information.html