Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Advice On Moderate Smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by frankmilton, Jun 20, 2014.

1. I was smoking all day everyday until couple months ago when i quit cold turkey.
    It was really getting out of control and i didnt feel like myself anymore.
    However, i do miss smoking weed because it is such a wonderful feeling.
    I wish i could start smoking again, but i dont wanna get hooked on it like i do everytime i take a long break from it.
    I just get hooked on that feeling and find myself wanting to smoke all the time.
    I have goals in my life i would like to accomplish and smoking on a daily basis would not get me even close to those goals.
    I really wanna keep it moderate if i were to start smoking again. Maybe once a week?
    how can i not lose self control and keep it at moderate level?
    When i used to smoke, i found myself wanting to smoke when i woke up in the morning and i had nothing to do later that day.
    Because school season is over, im afraid that the same thing will happen if i start again.

2. Get your daily shit done sober and reward youself in the evening. Stick with that formula and you'll be alright.

Keeps the tolerance low as well.

3. Damn, did I make this post under a different screen name and not realize it? Lol, I'm feeling the same way man. It's been over two months and I'm also afraid that I'll get into that groove of smoking all the time. I guess it just comes down to willpower. If you have the willpower to stop cold turkey then you can use that same inner strength to try to limit what you smoke. Maybe just smoke after working all week or whatever it is you do and reward yourself with a night of blazing up. And then put it off again and have it as something to look forward to instead of something that becomes ordinary.

4. I agree with white lighter. But I'll smoke before I mow the lawn, or do household chores. But I'm kind of a workaholic. I get restless if there's shit to be done. My high is far better when I don't have a chore list rattling around in the back of my mind.

5. I'm high almost 24/7 now. Honestly I stopped for around 6 months before and ended up convincing myself not smoking was pointless. I'm going to take that chance with my body because I enjoy all of the people I meet and smoke with, wouldn't pass that up for anything.

6. I agree with this, and have been doing it since I first started smoking (only been a year and half) but I just go about my usual sober life during the day, get stuff/work done, eat and just whatever. Then when the sun is in it's final setting stages at about 8ish or 9, I smoke. Gives you something to look forward to, saves weed and keeps tolerance lower and the experience from getting old.

7. In addition to what TheWhiteLighter said, if you have access to other drugs like alcohol or shrooms, they can really help when you're fiendin for some weed.

8. I'd certainly avoid smoking in the AM hours if I was having trouble with moderation and getting work done.  We can all have this problem from time to time when we smoke before we have to do something. Rather than planning on doing something and then smoking before you start, why not actually start the homework or chores before you spark up? I personally tend to overly focus on the task in front of me when I smoke, so when I have that big college essay due I typically open the word document and gather some resources before I dare pack a bowl. Next thing I know an hour has passed and I've made incredible progress.  In comparison, if I pack a bowl in front of my xbox and say I'll get to that essay, next thing I know an hour has passed and a dozen more structures have been erected in my minecraft world. Just food for thought!

• Like Like x 1
    Neither of those are as good for you as grass is. They can both affect your next day whether it be a hangover or lingering effects. It makes me sad hearing about people fiending for weed.

And ya I have  gone thru many hangovers and lingering effects well into the next day in my life.

10. +1

Nailed it.