Advice on mildew treatment

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ledhead0014, Jun 13, 2015.

1. I have some mildew problems I believe due to some manure/compost I used and the fact that they are overcrowded for the moment. I am planning to do a milk treatment but it is supposed to rain for like seven days straight and I am worried that it will just flush all of the milk out and all of the moisture will make the mold worse. So do you guys think I should still do the milk treatment (1 to 9 ratio with water, or the topical spray)?

It is hard to see the mold in the pics but all of the mildew is in the same area on each plant, on the stem about midway up the plant, which each is about a foot tall now. And I asked in the big thread but no one amswered

Attached Files:

2. I tried to get a better pic but this is all I could do. There are now little worms on the plants along with the mildew. I wiped some off with a damp paper towel and obviously it came right back the next day. So now I'm going to do a 1 to 9 ratio milk and water mixture and water the plants with it (since I'm probably talking to myself here, I'm just gonna do it)

Attached Files:

3. neem oil... not milk, as will attract bugs

4. Poo. Well I just did some milk spray but tonight tonight am going to get some neem oil to spray on it as well.

Thanks for the reply

5. I just sprayed them with neem oil but noticed the leaves were slightly drooping. Prior to this I sprayed them with the milk mixture probably five hours before I checked the second time. Do u think that the milk along with the neem oil will do this even worse when together?

6. I am sticking to the neem oil and it's definitely helping. The silver haze still has the little white bugs on it sometimes but it's only been two treatments of it

7. I'm still having a mold problem after 3 days of neem oil. Is this normal?

Attached Files:

8. Well they are now all yellowing and their leaves are drooping badly. There is no mold on any of then but it is raining heavily and I think it washed it just washed it off. I'm not sure if the yellowing is the mold or the neem oil that ive been applying. My phone was dead at the time so no pic. Any input? I really need to know quick because I have worked my ass off pretty much everyday for the past two months and if it was all for nothing it's gonna be bad. Please

9. I am assuming it's the neem oil because everywhere else I'm hearing that spraying everyday is too much. And like I said it's been raining and will for the next week so I am sure it's been washed off good enough by now

10. A good natural defense is a tea made from the herb horse tail, 1 cup of the dried herb simmered for 20 mins then left to cool over night then strained. To make up the foliar spray dilute roughly 100mls of the tea with 1l water and spray every couple of days, good for bud rot and PM works a treat

11. Good news everyone. Since I quit treatment they are looking better but mold only came back on one of them. I'm not sure how often to treat them now since I guess they still need it. Il try every few days.

Attached Files:

12. the situation is getting worse, can you move these plants to a warmer dryer location? if not then improve the ventilation, even making a breeze way for wind to get to the plants? 
    either way stick with spraying the neem it will take a day or 2 to show, the yellowing is early nute burn time for a flush, the deal hear is not to disturb the mold, but cut the worst of it out, then paint or dip the plants in warm water and 10%(max) of household bleach, avoid getting bleach near the roots, it sounds drastic,...it is.. but you will have some bud.

I use neem to defend me from bugs and mold, and use bleach to attack the live spores, that turn the mold to shit real quick, but leaves the plant 'annoyed' but ok

13. They are all doing better now despite me leaving them in that location. The only one with mold is the blue cheese but I've been applying every two to three days and it's being maintained if not improving. Il take a pic tonight and post it