Advice on lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thejax, Dec 9, 2010.

1. I ordered a 150 watt HPS and I was wondering if it will be enough to flower 2 plants. I would have gone with the 400 watt but I looked at allot of grow rooms and people with 400 watt lights are growing like 6-10 plants under them. Im just wondering if a 150 watt HPS is enough to flower 2 plants. If not im gonna purchase some CFL's to hang around it.

2. Its enough to flower two plants but you would get denser flowers with the 400 HPS and also the ability to expand to more plants.

3. Well its currently just a closet grow. But I do plan to expand. I was thinking to just get a 400 watt later:smoke: and then have the 2 running together would equal 550. I went cheap just to start off. I have been trying for like 2 years to get a solid grow. I usually give up once something goes wrong. This is the first time ive really invested into a grow tho. But once I have done it once I look to expand.

Thanks for the advice tho.

4. I only grow 4 plants under my 400 , sometimes 2 big guys, it should be enough the cfls will help but i would try to either do a 250 or 400 w hps next time,