Advice on if to try to get her back.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by beatadrum, Oct 16, 2011.

1. #1 beatadrum, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    Hey guys, been reading around this part of the forum a little bit today (some hilarious shit to be found will definitely visit more often) as I was broken up with a month ago and still feel down about it. So I figured I would ask for some advice as it is has been on my mind. I am the type of person who doesn't grovel/beg and believes in "if you love her let her go", but a part of me wonders if to tell her straight up I think we should be together as I believe we are right for each other, and I think her reasons are not very mature(women:rolleyes:). We were together for 3 years, were each others firsts and had an amazing, honest relationship. I've had plenty of ex's myself but I was her real first boyfriend (so first for everything, except kissing). We're now 22 and 21 respectively. Her reasons on breaking up are that 1)she needs to experience other guys to see what else is out there, and 2) thinks I am not motivated enough in pursuing a degree compared to her who plans to attend grad school for a bio degree. I am double majoring in environmental studies and business, but she is right I don't view a degree as highly as she does as I believe I have what it takes to make it without a college degree. I already have a solid business plan backed by family investors.

The issues I have are I from my experiences can see that this relationship is golden and would like to continue, but she wants to go see other guys for the sole purpose of experience. We both obviously still have love for each other and I can tell she is getting all this from others put in her head. Which is why I think it's immature.

I also think that if she saw my business plan in action in the next couple of years she would see that you don't need a degree to reach success.

So there is all the information about our break-up. We were good for each other, and even when we fought it was resolved maturely. My question to you is do you think I should talk to her about this and try and change her mind? If she says no I don't think we could be friends anymore. Or my option is to let it be how it has been and continue to be friends and hang-out occasionally/sex. If I bring it up to her and she says no I would rather just cut ties completely.

I would just like to hear others opinions as obviously my heart says to bring it up in hopes it works out, but I'm struggling too as I don't want to loose her a friend either (we are able to hang out and be friends, trips to grocery/market)

2. Hate to be the one to tell you this but trying to get her back is a lost cause. Move on man.

3. yeah i hate to give you bad news but it seems like a lost cause because one of her concerns was to meet other guys...

but hey, if its meant to be you'll run into her one day a few money-years down the road and she'll notice how succesful you became and how she missed out and maybe you guys will get back together.

but in the meantime... you do you buddy.