Advice on grow tent.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smithy1, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Hey folks, So I'm 2 weeks ago from harvesting my first 4 plants I can't wait! I've grew them in my cupboard in my house my cupboard is large and tall so I didn't have to worry about space touch, I nearly have £200 saved up for this tent,

BAY6 XL Complete Kit - Grow Tents & Sheeting | GroWell Hydroponics

It will be on its way to me next week ill be ordering it friday, Just a few questions, I already have the seeds for my first ever grow in a tent they are royal cheese off royal queen seeds I have 4 to grow, How long should i veg for? (That's my main concern because I don't want to grow them then flip and not have enough room for the plants after they have stretched) My light will be on 24/7, I won't be doing much training to the plants as I'm still new to growing but I will be topping every plant in the tent, Just space wasn't really a problem in my cupboard where in this tent it's 1x2 1x2 200, I have all the full range off canna nutes and additives they turned up today also two bags off Coco turned up today to, Son just tell me how long to veg for with my light on 24/7 please lol!! Opinions and advice apprecIated cheers folks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I personally have seen better growth with regular/feminized seeds that are grown under 18/6 or 20/4. 24 hours of light is only necessary for an autoflower. (Not saying you have to grow autos under 24/0)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pending on characteristics indica to sativa. Is when to flip. Seeing as cheese is an Afghan lineage it will be on the shorter side of flower stretch. So filling the space 75% then flip would be a good idea as they may stretch 8inch from initiation to flower.

As for your setup that light is going to prove fun by high temps. Recommended to go the "cool tube" route.

And your kit your buying comes with a magnetic ballast.... Not the best tech or safest as they can get dam hot. Buddy from work back in the day had his ballast on a cast iron pan it was so hot.

Best of luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. #4 Smithy1, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Yeah I looked at the characteristics from how the cheese strain was bread on the royal queen website and seen it was off aghani origin, You have scared the shit out off me now saying it's not the safest it's going to blow up is it lol I'm sure when you go to purchase it you can upgrade to a certain ballast i think, I think I might have to upgrade to it. Also won't the carbon filter control the temperature a bit with it sucking the air out? Along with the stench?

• Like Like x 1
  5. i wish you the best, but this looks like the cheapest equipment possible,
    do not be surprised if you have heat issues.!
    save more and get a tent, lights, fans, etc. separately so you can get better quality and have less problems.!!

if you get this kit keep the 4 plants small,
    the 600w light will not cover the whole 1.2m x 1.2m space in flower,
    it would take a 1000w bulb to fill up the space,

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Have you ever grown in coco, and why coco, it has certain requirements, that may be a little daunting to a first time grower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nope I’ve never grown in coco Before, But I’ve heard it’s good for growing in is it not good for beginners or should I stick with soil for the first few times? Also I’ve heard you have to water more in coco? And I’ve been told coco is less forgiving than soil to? I’ve ran into a few probalems with growing with soil, Cheers for your advice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheers buddy, I’ve looked about and this is the most kit for value in
    My opinion also I’ve been told that growwell is a good go to company. I would save more but I’ve worked out my budget is only £250 pound the tent is £200 and I’ve got £50 for a extra few bit for the tent if needed, I thought the carbon filter and the fan was off quality? I’ve worked it out all separate and it’s over £300.

9. Correct[​IMG]i use this and[​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  10. I can't seem to find the happy frog potting mix on any uk sites buddy can you only get it in the U.S? I've also noticed you can't get fox farm soil anywhere inn the uk even on websites like Amazon and grow websites can you only get that in the U.S or am I missing something?

11. Check these[​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

12. Perlite use 3/1 ratio!!!!

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ahh I see hunter, He has a good thread going del about 12/12 I decided to put 2 in myself from seed they are about 5 weeks old and flowering already, Is he stimulating del? Anyway are you saying in should go to b&q and get some soil and mix perilite or buy the equivalent of fox farm and buy bio bizz? Foook knows what I'm going to do with these 2 bags off coco I've got here it's 50L to not cheep, Is it really that hard to grow with coco?

14. the pre-mixed coco/perlite is doing great for me, i treat it just like peat based mixes except i do not add lime.!
    my hydro shop guy said the pre-mixed is better then a bail of coco and perlite mixed at home....?????

as with peat mixes, plants don't seem to like transplanting into too big of pots full of coco/perlite,
    gotta pot them up in stages if you grow big plants.

15. If you can handle phing the nutrients 5.8-6.0 and feeding multiple times a day, cannot let coco dry out.

@ I love growing weed

16. this is a small mother in coco/perlite in ~3 quart/liter pot, this pic was taken a month ago and she is still in the same pot, does kinda need transplanting now, but...
    ANYHOW..... this was watered along with others in peat/perlite/vermiculite, treated exactly the same....

WIN_20180810_11_13_57_Pro.jpg

do not believe anyone that says you HAVE to water coco/perlite daily or multiple times a day.!!
    depending on how much foliage is on her at the time, it goes 3-6 days between watering, just like peat.!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Yeah man I wouldn't mind feeding a couple off times a day, The only thing is with me been a new grower I just add all my nutes and additives into one 2 litre bottle like the a+b the Boost and what not, So would I be okay doing this with coco say 2 times a day one morning one night? So 4 litres?

• Like Like x 1

18. Thanks for your advice sounds a lot clearer, I work aswell to so if I did have to water multiple times a day the missus would have to do it and I wouldn't really want her doing it to be honest, So shall I just go by what I am doing now feeding when the medium is dry and the pot feels light?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bought this tent and it's up and running ill upload pictures tomorrow, Lovely lovely tent for my first one it's better than know thought,

Little bit about my setup,

Growing 2 Royal Cheese
    Growing 2 White Widow
    ^^ Both purchased from Royal Queen Seeds
    Started germination 11/10/18

Growing under a 600hps
    Carbon filter and 4 inch fan setup.
    Growing in 4 16 Litres Rhizo (Heard these pots are the bomb)
    Growing in Coco "Natural" bought 2 bags, (Not cheap either!)

Also bought all the Canna Nutrients Range, Canna A+b, Rhizotonic, Cannazym ,PK 13/14 I even bough canna flush for when I am due to harvest.

20. Did you mix 30% Perlite into the coco?

I just popped some seeds into some solo cups of Royal Gold Tupur. Your welcome to follow along and grow with me. I’m doing this journal as a tutorial so it should me easy to follow

Soil2Coco’s Rootbound Multifeed 3 strain SOG