Advice on Grow Room and Plant??? (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DankyKush1, Feb 12, 2011.

1. #1 DankyKush1, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    My plant is about 1 1/2 feet tall.
    Ive been watering with 1 8oz cup of water every other day, Is that an okay amount?

I have 2 x 32watt Florescent lights above the plant and a "Grow Light" on the side.
    Im running the lights 20/4.
    Should I water it more often?

Here are pics as of today 2/11/11

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. too much...what about drainage?

3. Yes its over watered. You can see the yellow starting to tint the edges of the leaves. If you continue to water that way the leaves will yellow up. Hold back on the water and when your pot starts to lighten up the weed is ready for another drink. Don't worry it will be fine it just does better a little dryer its a weed. For heavy watering you need a lot of drainage and healthy soil.

4. There are too many factors involved for a set "schedule". Soil, drainage, heat, airflow etc

Keep it simple. Water until your drain holes weep. Don't water again until your finger is completely dry up to the 2nd knuckle. Repeat

In my setup, this means my similar sized plants get 1/2 gallon each every 2-3 days.

5. Like the above said.....Use your finger.
    Also that quartz halogen light is useless, its wasting juice and creating heat.
    Invest in a few cfls

6. Yep, lose the quartz halogen. It does nothing.

Wet

7. Okay, so im over watering it.
    Im only giving it 1 cup every 2 days.

So what I should do is water my pant until I get water leaking out the bottom of the pot?
    Also ill start watering every 3 days. Like Monday, Thursday, Sunday, ect.
    But ill make sure its dry to the 2nd knuckle.

The only thing is if I water it like that arnt I watering it a lot more then I am now?

Okay and as for the lights.
    The florescent are good from what Ive read, but you guys say the other light on the side is useless?
    Should I go get like 2 or 3 "clamp Lights" with some 100 watt 6500k "Day Light" CFLs and put them on the sides instead?
    Should I remove the side light all together or keep it for extra light?

Thanks guys your really helping me out :D

8. it also looks like you should have kept those lights down closer to the top of the plant from the start.i say this cuz your girlz are lookin a little leggy (stretched out). i would prob leave it where it is at this point though while it continues to grow towards the light. obviously when it reaches about 1" or so from the lamps raise it a little till its about 2"-3" away from the top. fluoros burn low like this. food for your future grows...keep fluoros down close above the tops of plantz, helps em stay smaller and bushier.(generally)

9. after lookin at the pics again theyre not all that "leggy"...scratch that last post:eek:

10. Thats good to hear :)

What do you guys think?

Heres an update:
    I have 4 lights and 3 fans (Big one in pic leads to atic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. what kind of lights did you add? cant really tell cuz theyre bright!

12. 3 x 27wt 5000k "Day Time" CFLs :)

13. Get 'schedule' out of your head, along with any calendar reference. It don't work with watering.

Over watering isn't the amount of water, it's the frequency.

Yes, you water till water comes out of the drain holes. This is called run off and you want a decent amount.

Then you wait until the plant is dry. Not when YOU think the plant needs water, but when the Plant needs water. The second knuckle thing. Might take 3 days, might take 5 or more. Doesn't matter, don't water till it's dry.

That's the wet/dry cycle and what you should shoot for.

Wet

14. yoo i think you plant has tht mosaic virus..look at the different green shade on that ..just sayin..im not certain but by the looks it does..:confused_2:..but so far everything looks very good keep it up man:smoke::bolt:

15. Okay so I have a moisture tester now, so ill water it tell it has run off then wait tell the moisture tester says dry. Does that sound right?
    Thanks

16. lookin good! itd be sweet if ya could get maybe 2 more of those lights and surround your plant entirely. :smoke:

17. I have 3 clamps right now, I need 1 more then I could

18. you dont have to cuz i think you have enough to get by but i just think it would be cool to see. plus more watts the better:cool:

19. Danky, looks great where did u get those clamps? I want those? Also what type (watt @ brand) cfl's r u using? Thanks