advice on first micro grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theoffice, Oct 14, 2011.

1. i go to school and live in some off campus apartments. i live with 3 other people and have my own room with a bathroom in it. i was wondering if there is any way that i could do the pc grow box and grow 1 maybe 2 plants tops somewhere in my room without anyone knowing.

the only problem i see happening is that once a month our place gets checked out by the property owners to make sure everything is up and running and that the place isn't destroyed. i have thought about doing the pc grow box and having the tower in the back of my storage closet in my room. its a 3x6ft room that i could put the tower in the back and then put stuff in front of it.

im only worried about the smell really i don't have a good way to vent because i live on the second floor of the building. this is/will be my first time growing so i want to make sure that all my bases are covered.

any insight, help, advice, things of that nature would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. you should read the book, buds for less. it shows you how to grow in a small space for less than 100$. its kinda a cool read, cool insight. also i think you should learn how to utilize cfl's. they aren't that expensive, and they can get the job done right, if used correctly. idk just throwing all that out there. you can also look into using a square pot instead of a circle one to give the roots more room to grow.

Check out LST'ing and SCROG. those can really help you out in small grows, get the most out of your space. Hope this helped! good luck! keep us updated

3. #3 theoffice, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
    i will deff keep a journal of it all. but i prolly wont start for a while just depends on how much info i can get on it and learn about it until i feel comfy enough to do so.

what would you suggest for the smell though, looking through books on how to grow might teach you how to grow but do they teach you how to hide it well, especially in med. traffic areas. im going to try to keep it in an area that no one would ever go. possibly under my bed in the back corner. but then there isnt an easy acess for watering or whatnot.

also what would be a good strain to start with? im thinking of trying the lowryder strain, because it doesnt grow very tall but does anyone else have an input of a strain that is very easy for begginers to grow?

4. thanks for the link, i didnt really even think to search micro....haha