Advice on first bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by comstizzle, Aug 7, 2009.

1. #1 comstizzle, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
    Hey GC,

I've been reading these forums for a while now, but have yet to post. What brings me here today is to get advice on my first bong. I have been smoking daily for about 6 months now, but have very limited experience with glass. I have been almost exclusively smoking blunts, but I have come to a point in my smoking career where i feel it's time to get a bong.

I am looking to keep my expenses under $250, and want to know what I could get from a headshop at that price. Big Al's in Berkeley would likely be the place i buy from.

On the other hand I have found a few good used bongs. One of my buddies has a 34" PH(x) trinity that i've hit a few time that he'll sell to me for 220 with a bag, diffused downstem, and a party bowl that will hold 1.5g.

I have also found a beaker bottom green label RooR on craigslist that looks like a good buy at 140.

At this point I am leaning toward the RooR from craigslist. Althought I don't have the technical specs on it yet, I do have pictures that I can upload. I have hit a few bongs in my time, and have found that the ones that I like the most are either no percs or 1 perc. The PH(x) seems like a steal at 220, but I've hit it and I feel like there's too much drag and it's too big for my purposes (I still live with my parents so a 3 foot piece of glass seems like a little much).

What do you think blades?

2. #2 comstizzle, Aug 7, 2009
  3. if you're getting your first bong while living with your parents, you should invest in a stealthy box or case that isn't too suspicious.

i kept my Sour zong (see sig) in a shoe-box i got from my ROTC shoes... it was VERY stealth. i called it my Bong-along system because i could put my stash bag in there too.

if you're travelling with your piece, always remember to pad it. ie wrap it in towels and maybe a plastic bag too. you never know when some moron is going to kick your bong in your bag and break it... about the plastic bag, you might need it to keep your case from stinking like bongwater... that's not pleasant.

good luck!

4. Thanks for the advice, I think i got a stealthy system for my piece once I get it.

I'm more looking advice on which piece is a better purchasing than the logistics of it.

5. #5 comstizzle, Aug 7, 2009
    bumpity