Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Advice on coming out of retirement

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GetTwisted, May 13, 2009.

1. Whats up grasscity. Im new to this forum, but definitely not new to the smoke game. I smoked everyday straight for 5 years and then quit cold turkey for 2 years. Now, I have a big problem that hopefully someone here knows about.

First let me shed a little light on this. When I quit weed, I morphed into a straight up fucking square, no shit. I then developed all this crazy shit that is new to me, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and loss of appetite.

I now realize how chill I was with a B, piece, or J throughout the day. I have smoked about 5 times in the past week after a LONG retirement. However, I have been having these wigouts when my high kicks in. I smoked with one of my best friends who I used to smoke with all the time back in the day. I freaked and he had to calm me down, which sucks for him. I did this two more times, but the last two I get a milder wig that is more manageable.

Has anyone else delt with this? How long did it take to smoke full force again?

2. Just smoke a little less and build up a tolerance or smoke indicas. Sativas freak me out harder than indicas, but everyone's different.

3. Thats what I been doin, tryin to build up a tolerance, and I think its working. I still have the fear that I will freak and I know my friends aint tryin 2 hear that shit.

4. never ever had a panic problem, with weed anyway. take a .25 xanax berfore hand, that should mellow ya out a bit

5. sounds like you just got to high man, maybe just take a few hits next time you smoke and see how high that gets you, if you want more take a few more hits until you feel high but not totally baked

6. it sucks to not be able to go back into your routine with your friends, just realize you can't keep up with them anymore. When I came back out of retirement I got a dugout and just smoked exactly enough to be good. You get your tolerance up and you will be back where you want to be in no time. A few months later and you will be wanting a tolerance break so you can get higher again :)

7. My buddy had the same prob. Hardcore smoker for years. He stopped for a few months and ripped a bong a few times at a party. Within 30 min he was having a panic/anxiety attack so bad he was crawling across the floor crying and puking. As bad as I felt for him, it was funny as shit. (yes I helped him calm down after a few minutes of laughter) He agreed later that he woulda laughed had it been the other way around :D

8. Man that shit is funny. I didnt freak that bad, so I guess im in it good.

My doc straight hooked me up on some klonopin, so ima bang those when i smoke tonight. I gotsta stay high tho. Good lookin out on the posts