advice on clone cab cfl lighting and design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mangochut, Apr 16, 2007.

1. wanting to set up a veg cab for the clones and seeders, and mothers. say several rooting clones and a few mothers all in together. need low level lighting for this then I am guessing but exactly how much am not sure. is it my goal not to want too powerful light/growth rate in here?

I just recently bought a cfl bulb just for my home and the light seems to be less yellowy and more clarity than the old incandescent one. less hazy and dreary kind of light.

would a couple of 18 watt cfl's do for the clone veg cab. on the package I bought before it says a 18 watt cfl bulb is in fact equals to 100 watts of incandesent strength, and I assume when most people say a 18 watt, or 24 watt CFL they are obviously saying it is the cfl's own lighting rating. do people pick up sockets for these kind of globes to go in as well like how much of a can of worms is it to organise the sockets and attach the whole light on. I wish I was more practical and I need more tools.

btw do most put the mo's in with the clones and seedlings, or in with the main veg chamber instead? the way I see it if they (mo's) are in with the main veg area then they are taking up room for the vegging plants and yield (but then only a problem if space is limited - which mine is). but if you've got the mo's in with the clones would it be easier to take snippings and work on the clones right there near the mothers in one area.

above assumes most people separate or create separate chambers within their cabs or rooms for the clones/seeders/mothers from the main intense vegging plants on the cycle.

this all comes about when I thought about having a sep veg (cloning and main) and a sep flower chamber would be so much easier. I saw that as clones become available from their own space they can be taken to the flowering chamber, and at the same time flowered plants that are ready can simply be removed but everything remains on, the lights etc, and it's a continual cycle. if you just have one cab for all purposes when plants are harvested then the empty space they leave can't be utilised for two reasons because 1 you haven't got waiting plants ready to go to insert from the other cab and 2 because the remaining plants are still flowering and developing you must keep the lights on 12/12 which means you can't fill the space and perform simultaneous vegging in the same area, until all on flower have been pulled. complete waste of time (in comparison).