Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Advice needed...RE: Amsterdam...City of Dreams

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TKONYC, Dec 17, 2009.

1. So im planning a trip out there end of Jan for 8 days. it will be my first time going...so long story short....within the 8 days what are the places one must go and do besides the women? i cant wait to sample something ive never had and only heard of...

hope to hear some +feedback, thanks in advance :bongin:

2. someone posted an amsterdam stoners travel guide on this site like 2-3 weeks ago.. see if you can find it in the search thing

3. Ya there is a bunch on this. But ill help you out anyways...

Rent bikes as soon as you get there so you can get places much faster. Then if your into museums you can go to a couple a day, get the museumkaart to save you a ton of entrance money. My favorite coffee shop was coffee shop media. It had great prices on all organic weed and hash, played decent music (still not that good but I cant stand the electronic crap being played in most of the others) and had a pool table. Stay away from most of the coffee shops right in the city center, comparatively most of them were terrible.

4. #4 TheRadical, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    The Search button will give you a bunch of threads on this but anyway:

Check out the coffeeshop "Rookies" and grab some amazing bud and a delicious Smoothie while you're there. Liedsplain square next to Vondalpark is a great spot but it's rather touristy. Out of all the coffeeshops I've been to, the Bulldog (in the square) is by far the most touristy but you'll meet some great people from all over the world so I do recommend checking it out.

Other than that Amsterdam is a great city that can be explored by foot. Don't limit your sight seeing to coffeeshops it's one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and has so much history. Not to mention their national monument looks like a giant Dildo.

Van Ghogh museum is pretty cool too but if there is one thing and one thing only you do in Amsterdam it should be this:

Pre roll a few nice joints, rent a paddle boat and cruise the canals. Honestly, it is an excellent way to see the city and me and my friends had a blast. Just make sure you stick to the right and watch out for bigger boats.:smoke:

Enjoy your trip man. Its took bad you weren't there for longer I hear Rotterdam and Den Hague are nice as well.

Edit: There was something about Tram 5 (or maybe its 1??) being free, you may want to check it out because the tram system is a good way to get around quickly. This was a year ago so it could have changed...or then again it's highly likely it wasn't free and I was just too baked to realize the Dutch man was demanding money before I got off and not wishing me a pleasant day...

5. thanks guys.....i will search around for things to do. but besides coffeeshops and women, what else is there really to do?

is it illegal to bring back paraphinlia?

6. nah as long as its not full of resin.

7. You can bring back paraphernalia if its 100% clean. Chances are if you stuff it in you checked baggage your good to go as long as it isn't stinking of the herb.

8. -Check out the Van Gogh Museum, great impressionist artwork
    - Rijksmuseum- lots of cool rembrandt paintings
    - take a stroll through Vondel Park
    - Hemp Museum in the RLD (Red light district)
    - rent a bike and ride through the outskirts of town
    - Go to the Bols spirits factory
    - Anne Frank House
    - check out a concert at the Melkweg (Melkweg Amsterdam)
    - go to an indonesian Restaurant and order a Rijsttafel
    - get take out at the Thaise Snackbar Bird
    - avoid the blue lights in the Red light district
    -
    Coffeeshops to check:
    420 Cafe
    Homegrown Fantasy
    Katsu
    Basjoe
    rokerij
    Old Amsterdam
    La Tertulia
    Bluebird
    Dampkring
    Amnesia
    Grey Area

thats all I can think of at the moment.... enjoy your trip man!

9. #9 mr_waterpipe, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
    My favourite coffeeshops:

Hill street blues (the one in the red light district with all the graffiti inside, not the others!)

This has nice bud at good prices, and big cushy sofas at the back next to big doors that open out onto the river with great views of the town. Also has some of the cheapest soft drinks and snacks in any coffeeshop ive found and really friendly staff! Also they have a pool table and its next door to the police station which has a comical effect :D

Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory - Hill Street Blues coffee shop

Grey Area

Very small but cosy and if you love your bongs (like me!) they have a nice collection of Roors amongst other nice glass. A bit of a bitch if you turn up and its packed, but theres always amnesia which is about a 20 second walk round the corner and is bigger! Just do what we did and go to amnesia and keep sending someone out to check grey area for seats. They dont open til about mid day though so be careful about turning up too early (Grey area i mean!)

Grey Area Coffeeshop, Amsterdam 4:20, The Best Coffeeshop in Town, 12 1/2 Years of Excellence!

Amnesia

Just round the corner from grey area. This place is nice and big, modern inside with some great bud and bongs by roor, phx, boost etc. They require a 20 euro deposit when using a house bong.

Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory - Amnesia coffee shop

Popeye

This place RULES! The dude that runs it is a legend (calls himself peacemaker) and every time you buy any bud from the house he gives you a free massive hit on his "peace pipe". The best part of this coffeeshop though is the awesome value for money bud (cheese at 6euro/g) and they do the HAPPY ENGLISH BREAKFAST which is a full english covered in the bud of your choice. Trust me its amazing.

Popeye Coffeeshop - Amsterdam - coffeeshop-popeye.nl

Green Place

My favourite coffeeshop as far as quality of bud for money goes. They have the BEST strawberry kush :D

Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory - Green Place coffee shop

While you are there id reccomend an enclosed boat trip on the rivers too. If you find a nice captain and its quiet they often let you smoke up and its a really nice chilled and inexpensive way to experience the city and kill an hour or so :)

If you have any specific questions PM me as i live in the UK and visit amsterdam every couple of months.

10. i think i just clicked on a virus :eek:

11. thanks brutha...im so excited! :smoke:

12. here s my detailed travelogue of the coffeeshops i visited when i was there in late sept.

you are going to have so much fun man...enjoy it while you still can

Also right when I got to amstersam I rented a RooR 18.8 Zumo and bought a pipe...so that is what everything was smoked out of

The RooR cost 35 euro to rent for 6 days
    The pipe cost 15 euro at tantaka smart shop

I will list the coffeeshops I went to and the strains I bought there with a brief description on each bud( for the ones i remeber)

NooN- great little coffeeshop right by the museum distict. Most people don't like this shop because it is always filled with locals and you can hear a fly inside it is so quiet...with that said of you take the time to talk to them and initiate conversation it turns out to be the friendliest people....Also this place has a vibe that is totally diffrent from any other coffeeshop I visited. Its got the old school feel with modern touches(also had the highest budtender I saw on the trip) [5 stars]

2g-s5 haze : wow definetly one of my favorite smokes in amsterdam. The bud was PERFECTLY cured. it was probably because anyone who goes to the noon just buys their blueberry( like 80% of the weed the sell is blueberry)...that means all the othe buds get some extra shelf life, helping to make the buds sooo perfect.

1g- cheese: great weed...covered in crystals but really didn't stand out(11 euro)

2g-sleaze: hmmm I don't know why but I really liked this strain. The weed wasn't amazingly good but it gave a really good high(10 euro)

1g-maco Haze: definetly the worst bud of the trip...DO NOT BUY!!!!(10 euro)

1g-LA Confidential: really great weed..put me on my ass, but was IMO not as good as the s-5(13 euro)

Space cake: as i said before this is a locals shop where everyone knows everyone. well i chilled here a bunch and got given free space cake one night when the budtender was just passing around a big plater for everyone to eat. very good!!!!

Video of bong hit at the NooN :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBM9hmTyyuM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBM9hmTyyuM[/ame]

Amnesia: Very modern coffeeshop with extremely good service(they will come take drink orders at your table). very good menu as well with various cannabis cup winners at any time[4 stars]

1g-LSD: the very first thing I smoked when i got there. the budtender informed me that it was kinda a trippy high...hmmm don't really know about all that but it did taste very good(13 euro)

1g-Shiraz Hash: wow what a great hash....a real light color that had the perfect amount of pliablness(2008 cannabis cup winner)(14 euro)

1g-malana cream Hash: another really good hash, although tbh i seemed to like the high and smoke of the shiraz better(16 euro)

Bushdoctor: a reggea coffeeshop that specilizes in ice-o hash....kinda small but budtender was friendly.[ 3 stars...hash was amazing but place wasn't really my thing, i suggest getting the hash and smoking somewhere else]

1g-Jelly Hash: WOW...truely an amazing high...i smoked .15 outta a small pipe and man was I stoned(45 euro....worth every penny)

Grey Area: extremely small shop just around the corner from amnesia and the closest shop to the ROOR concept shop. only three little tables and chairs and there was stickers and posters covering every inch of wall. With tha said they have some of the best bud in the dam...AND they are the only shop I saw that had roor for customers to use.[ 4 stars]

2g-choclope: the only bud I bought 2g of at once...and there is a reason, this bud was perfect in every way. perect high, perfect taste, perfect look....really an amzing bud

Baba: I stumbled into this place kinda drunk and had just slept with a hooker so i was a little disoriented..witht that said this place was full of younger kids and the music they played was trance( my favorite) so i really liked the enviorment. bud tender is in alittle closet in the back[3 1/2 stars]

1g- Big Buddah Cheese: rolled it into a chocolate blunt so can't give an accurate description...place was dark so i couldn't really see but it smelled good.(10 euro)

Blues Street Hill: cool place with a lot of seating...but tender seemed nice but place was rather dark(which i really like but it is hard to judge bud)....kinda wish I had bought more[3 1/2 stars]

1g-Northern lights: good weed, i had wanted to try northern lights for a long time and wasn't disappointed. Once agian it was hard to judge bud due to lack of light

Darmpkring: one word can describe this place...perfect. it has an amzing weed menu topping at 13 euro's and an atmosphere that cannot be beat( except when they play that salsa music...lol). I also especially liked this place because of it's cat bowie.[5 stars]

1g-white russian: when I asked about this bud he was honest and told me it was a little bit shakey...he still showed it to me and although the buds were small it was still a great weed covered with crystals.

1g- G-13 haze: one of the best...a truely amazing high high. It had a smell that hits you like a freight train

1g- Love Potion # 5: my 2nd favorite strain of the entire trip...sure you can get stuff in dampkring that will look and smell a little better, but the high from this stuff was truely "lovely"....it left me in an amzing state of bliss.

1g- Mexican haze: I was kinda skeptical with the word mexican being in the name but seeing as it was their highest priced bud, I decided to give it a look...man was I glad I did. It looked like someone dropped some sugar on a barber shop floor.....Soo many hairs and crystals

Spacecake: I had 3 of their spacecakes from here...they were not the most potent I had had but when I ate 2 at once they seemed to do the job

Basjoe's: pretty big coffeeshop that is a 3 min walk from the RLD...friendly budtender with the longest dreads you will ever see in your life( you really have no idea until you see him, I mean seriously it was more mind blowing than any museums)....they are also carriers of the imfamous "terminator" which is belived to be some of the strongest hash you can get in amsterdam

1g- Bas special: great weed, went well with the terminator, unfortunatly it was to dark to get a good look.(12 euro)

1g- Terminator: alright I came to this coffeeshop for only one reason....Be the first person to smoke an entire gram of this stuff in one sitting. When I asked the budtender if anyone had ever done it, he just let out a long laugh and told me no way. Well he gets me my gram and you know this stuff is good just by the way it is packaged(wrapped in wax paper before going into a baggie).[50 euro]

Guys let me tell you right now....I have never been more stoned or more hurt than that night...I kept hitting the Zumo agian and agian and agian until I finished every last spec. At one point I had a tear rolling down my face and I even threw up in my mouth( I wish i was joking) and had to swallow it back down, which has never EVER happened before....but with all that said I DID IT!!!!! james the budtender even gave me a free gram of bas special for completing the task

Oh ya and to to anyone who thinks you can't smoke a gram of hash in one sitting here is a video of me smoking a gram of hash in under 4 minutes
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kC1rklIPYY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kC1rklIPYY[/ame]

Katsu: looked like a cool shop but I wasn't really paying much attention, was looking for burgermeester. with that said the budtender was nice and they looked to have a fair aount of empty seating[ 3 1/2 stars]

1g-Black Widow: a prizewinning bud that looked diffrent to most of the stuff I saw in the dam...it was pretty fluffy and lacked hairs but GOD DAMN did it have some crystals.

13. Easy Times: I really wanted to visit this shop because it is where steve-o did all of his smoking in his movie "out on bail". It looked to be recently renovated and had one of the nicest smoke areas in all of the dam, not to mention was playing the best music heard in any coffeshop(Pink Flyod). It also has 3 huge t.v's and 2 computers for use. well i figured that this shop would be kinda like a tourist shop having a great enviorment but shit bud...man was I wrong[ 4 1/2 stars]

1g- White Widow: the infamous bud from the movie(steve-o smuggled this stuff in his ass internationally) it was just a great classic strain that had me high as shit, I can see why he smuggled it.(8 euro)

1g Bubblegum: Can't remember shit about this weed except that it was good...sorry

1g- NYC Diesel: probably the best deal of the entire trip, beautiful hairs(some of the best hairs of the trip, lol my weed had an afro)...add that to it incredibly small price tag of (9 euro) and you have yourself a winner for best deal of the trip

1g- Easy Times Hash- A little on the hard side TBH....still it was spicy and gave you that slighty peppery taste(12 euro)

Spacecakes: I had 3 brownies from here and they were without a doubt the best tasting edibles I tryed. with that said I wish they had a little more juice in them. I also tried one cupcake after the bartender told me they were more potent. It was easily the worst tasting edible I had lol...it tasted kinda stale. It was the most potent edible I had while I was there though

Tweede Kamar- This little shop is right next to dutch flowers and is about the size of grey area...they have a very nice decor featuring wooded paneling and wooden chairs and tables...With that said this is the only coffeeshop I would never visit agian...I don't see why anyone would when dampkring is like a 2 min walk from there. The dealers were nice at first until I asked for a blunt wrap. It was as if I insulted their religion, they instantly started bitching at me for even considering putting their weed into a blunt...I kinda understand but at the same time I should be able to smoke my weed however the hell I want[ 5 star bud...2 star service]

1g- Kali Mist: I bought this weed first and then asked for the blunt wrap which sparked about the whole debate which led to me smelling their amnesia haze...so I paid no attention whatsoever to this bud...the one thing I can tell you is that It was great( It seems every weed in this place is amazing, they have the biggest buds I have seen in any shop)

1g- Amnesia Haze: when the tender put this stuff up to my nose I pretty much jizzed in my pants...this was probably the best smelling weed of the trip....add to that the excessive amounts of crystals and you have the 3rd best weed of the trip

Paradox: This locals shop has an amzing location on the edge of the jordan( any by burgermeester mhhhhhmmmm). It is a rather peculiar shop that has a small kitchen in the back...They also have a volcano for customer use.[3 1/2 stars]

1g- Super Silver Haze: the only pre-weighed stuff I bought the whole trip, still really good crystally buds and TBH if anything it looked like MORE than a gram

Greenhouse Centrum: this place is right in the red light district and has some great canal side seating. Inside it was nicely decorated with a bar to the left and the weed counter in the back. This is the place where all the celebs go to smoke. Definetly buying more from here next time[ 4 1/2 stars]

1g- PP1: I came here the final day of my trip and was running low on cash so I decided to buy something not to expensive. With that said this stuff could have easily sold for 11-12 euros in some other shops....I liked how their baggies has the greenhouse logo as well.(8.50 euro)

Barney's: I ate breakfast at uptown( which is beautiful) and then decided to swing by the coffeeshop...I have so many diffrent feeling about this place. They easily have the best weed in the dam, the nicest place to smoke it, and the best pieces to hit it out of. Sounds great right, Wrong...there is one thing holding back barney's from being the best...Cockiness, these guys don't think their shit stinks and are downright just not cool people(mainly that british dude, he is such a f**Khead)...the did label every baggie though[5 star weed...5 star service....1 star attitude]

1g-Red Dragon: My favorite strain of the Trip...one of those strains where you smell a part of your childhood in the bud...grown and cured to perfection(12 euro)

1g-Utopia Haze: The Best weed I saw in amsterdam no doubt...Even though it was the most expensive weed I bought on the trip it really was on the next level. You have to see it to believe it

Spacecake: I ate 1 Hash muffin and it tasted really good but the dossage 0.2 hash didn't really do it for me(6.50 euro)

So there you have it...Now onto the awards

Best Weed:

1- Utopia Haze
    2- Red Dragon
    3- Amnesia Haze
    4- Chocolope
    5- S-5 Haze

My Favorite:

1- Red Dragon
    2- Love potion #5
    3- S-5 Haze
    4- White Widow
    5- Sleaze

Best coffeshop:

1: The NooN
    2: The Dampkring
    3:Easy Times
    4: Amnesia
    5: Basjoe's

Thanks for taking the time to read my report I appreciate it

14. #14 Troy McLure, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  15. I really need to get out to Amsterdam. Being from NYC I'm am just not exposed to these types and strains. I'm soooo jealous.:D

you have provide a trip report, so i can envy/live your experience:smoking:

16. weedhead thats a supurb trip report man! sounds like you had a real blast!