Advice needed on my 2nd grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iGrow420710, Mar 7, 2019.

1. I have a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent. The light i have is a QB HLG 550v1. I previously did 5 plants (4 plants in 26L fabric pots and 1 plant in 11L pot) Grew 1 strain. Grew in soil using biobizz. Was not too impressed with the potency but yeilded 450grams approx.

I would like to grow a variety this time. Having trouble to decide if i should go soil or hydro (dwc, flood and drain) Should i do 4, 5, 6 or 9 plants.

Would also like to know some reputable seed brands.. I was looking into devils harvest, dna genetics, reserva privada..

What nutes would you advise to look into..

2. Switch to whatever will make you happy but the fact the potency wasnt there can be blamed mostly on genetics.. your grow medium hardly has any effect on thc levels.. the most important factors are good genetics, healthy plants, good lighting, harvest and curing for potency.

I have never grown any kind of hydro so I cant comment much besides to say that in my opinion you should do 4 plants in a 4x4 tent... if you do more you're spending too much on seeds and if you do less it takes too long to veg.

If you want top of the line genetics I would go with a boutique type breeder and not one of those mass producing breeders.. I'm sure you can get good beans from them but there are definately way better breeders out there.

Seedsherenow carrys a lot of those breeders.. they are all good at SHN but grazing down their list the ones that catch my eye personally are aficianado, archive, BOG, compound, ethos, exotic, karma, mephisto, oni, thug pug.. all the breeders they carry are really good small batch boutique style though so you cant go wrong with any breeder on that site

Nutes I have no experience with, I grow pure organic.. water only..

3. Seedsherenow is also USA based that also recognizes themselves as a stocker of the best usa breeders

4. I did THC Bomb by Bomb Seeds.

only 4 plants what size pots would you say in your opinion? I did 26l smart pots and did not like it... very flimsy and difficult to water

I am looking at DNA genetics and reserva privada and devils harvest

5. Unlucky for me as i am from the uk

6. I use normal hard plastic pots.. honestly I would go as big as you want.. minimum 5 gallon for your finishing pot.. I personally do, solo cup> 3 gallon> 7 gallon when growing 4 photoperiods in my 4x4. Autoflowers I start in a solo cup to establish and then straight to the 7 gallon. Only 1 transplant for autos

I have never grown those breeders but I've never heared anything bad about them. DNA/reserva is the same company just different brands.. very well known for good stuff. I have seen devils harvest in seedbanks but havent really seen anything in forums on them ( not that I've searched ) their strawberry sour diesel looks good..

• Like Like x 1
  7. I previously did jiffy pellet to 11L pot and then to 26L fabric pot. Found it way to big though.. was a struggle to water and move around

When you say boutique what do you exactly mean?

8. Boutique just basically means a small artisan business

• Like Like x 1
  9. You would be good with a 5 gallon/18l~. Its just always better to have more than enough room for the roots. if theres floor space and its manageable I would go as big as you can. 5gals are pretty big but that extra 2 makes a huge difference!

10. Or honestly if you find it easier and dont mind the extra cost of seeds you can do 6-9 small plants in 3 gallon pots. Shorter veg time aswell

11. Decided on 4 plants.. need to consider hydro.. or pots.. if i go pots it will be soil maybe look into coco.. but defo using plastic pots.. jiffy pellet - 11L - (last time used 26L fabric. this time maybe 21-23L plastic pot)

• Like Like x 1
  12. #14 iGrow420710, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Would i need a trellis for 9 plants? I did get drawn into the idea of veg time being around a month.. as opposed to 2 months for 4 plants

9 plants i could end in 11L

Actually having a look.. I think im going to go for 8 plants 2 of each strain.. with space left as I cant access one side of the ten soil or coco.. will have a chat with my local hydro store next week see how things go..

13. I wouldnt think so, scrogging is more for larger plants.. if you go with 9 I would just LST. Maybe top stretchy plants and LST

• Like Like x 1
  14. Have you heard of herbies picknmix seeds or attitude seedbank?

15. If you went 4 I would suggest a scrog after you get a grow or two in you.. maybe start with LST for the first grow. It can get a little overwhelming if you run before you walk with scrogging. Look for LBH's scrog tutorial on growweedeasy.com if you decide to go that route

16. I used a trellis net for the first grow i did.. put the net on too late but it did help in support the branches

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yea, both are good.. herbies is actually another affiliate of grasscity

18. Does grasscity users get any sort of discount from herbies?