Advice, I need advice!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by southgatoker, May 12, 2012.

1. I want to grow atleast 20 plants and I need help. It's going to be a guerilla grow and I will start on June 1st or before. I will not have a place to dry or cure to buds. But, I'm going to put 10-10-10 slow release into the soil when I plant them. I'm going to give them 8-0-0 in liquid (molasses) every two weeks. Then, when they start budding, I'm going to feed them 10-10-20 liquid (Bloom Booster) every two weeks and leach them 2 weeks before the harvest. Since I'm not going to have a place to dry them, I'm going to dry them outside in a tarp. I'm going to put the buds in the tarp and fold the tarp over so no morning dew gets on them and I'm going to unwrap the tarp in the afternoon and let them dry under trees then wrap them back up before it gets dark. I'm just going to do this until they feel pretty nice and dry but not too dry. I'm not really worried about the buds not looking pretty because I'm just going to make hash with it all. Do y'all think I should do this drying process or not? If you don't, what other ways are there to dry the buds outside? Do y'all think I should make hash or keep the bud? I've never smoked hash before but I've heard it's better than bud. If I'm going to make hash, does it matter if the weed is cured or not? Will it effect potency? Will 20 plants, hopefully 10 females, give me enough colas for 1 pound of hash? Its going to be for personal use so I want it to be really good medicine. Thanks for reading and please answer my questions.

2. Pretty sure you don't have to cure

3. You dont even need to dry the buds to make bubble hash using water and ice.

4. #4 Corto Malteze, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    that's not how you dry bud outside. If you wrap them "in" the tarp they will mold for sure over night.
    I use

wire
    tarp

1. At harvest, I cut 2 foot long branches of bud (don't cut buds off the branches). 2 feet or another dimension but identical. Measure the distance you place the tarp so the bud branches fit (if the tarp is too high up, they can mold with the rains on the sides, and the tarp will be easier spotted // if the tarp is too low they will be dragging on the floor/ mud).

2. You can trim the big fan leaves except for the top one so when the branch is upside down, the last set of fan leaves acts as an umbrella.

3. Don't make the tarp too big and camo it (it can be seen from above). Place this in shady dense vegetation (not right next to your grow or in the sun). Clean up your grow spot on harvest day (esp. if your buds drying nearby).

4. attach the tarp to the bushes around with 6 wires. You can make little ledges (optional) if it's rainy in your area and/or place the bud branches more towards the middle. The ones on the side will get rained on = mold. I attach the tarp slanted slightly so the rain pours off of it.

5. Make clothes lines with wire attached under the tarp going from bush to bush (or other).

6. Hang your branches of buds. I leave mine 3 weeks. It depends on your area. My spots are so far that bringing the buds back = mold on arrival so I must dry this way. The ones dried outdoors were 100% intact. Also they don't reek and are smaller to carry. It's really a great method with a very even drying of the buds and will work even if it rains where you are. You can slow down or accelerate the process if you don't trim the fan leaves. Then they get cured. Have a good one.

5. My beat advise would be to do a ton of reading all season while you grow your plants. Not only will you learn to dry, cure, and make hash, you will probably end up with a better crop and a better grasp of growing for next year. I doubt you will get an lb of hash. You'll be lucky to get an lb of bud out of your first grow. Just do your best and don't count your chickens before the hatch....as hard as that is.

6. AS mjmama said, 1 pound of hash would require several pounds of weed. You can make hash with ice and fresh buds (or ones you froze fresh and take out for the bubble hash), or you can use dry bud and dry ice with the same bags and make dry ice hash. Pound plants need 8 hours of sun and 30-40 gallons of an airy soil mix with the right nutes and good genetics. The main thing is the sun though for big plants.

7. For bloom you want a high"P" of your NPK...ie 10-60-10, or whatever