advice from outdoor homies.... indoor exp.... outdoor new-B

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by chiefMOJOrisin, Jul 12, 2007.

1. hey all. i have a slight predicament. i live with my mother. she tokes and we have gone in on growing endevours together before... although to her benefit more than mine.

as of today (july 12) i am moving out on or by september 6th. that date was chosen cuz thats when i graduate form electrical school. since my mother decides, EVERY TIME, that because its her house, she get most of the bud and has to do NONE of the work. so my solution was to do it behind her back.... now, some of you may have issues with me growin weed in my mothers house without her knowledge. to that i say, would u want to give away more than half of your hard work?? imo, it would be different if she didnt smoke and had no clue about the plants and was against it. if i got caught she would just keep them for herself. she knows the risks.

anyway... so i have from now until sept. 6th. i was going to just wait on a grow and set something up at my new place. which will be more private and all for me. however, last night i found a text book, perfect seed in a bag of amazing haze. i mean, this is the best haze i've ever smoked. not the best bud i've ever smoked, but the best haze. i have gotten this same strain for damn near 9 years, from several different people. its apparent that there is one person who grows a shit ton of it, very well grown, and distributes it al over the town. its funny, sometimes i find a new connect for headies and it turns out to be the same haze. over that time span i had never found a seed. which i shouldnt, but i never did. not even any mutant, premature white ones. but last night, i found a fuckin beauty.

now i'm thinking to myself, "self, i think its time to germinizate the hizaze." i also have 5-6 gumbolt seeds i got from a festie and 10+ unknown X sweettooth seeds. (they are hybrids cuz they were crossed with an unknown dank plant.... sexy, purple pistils). now obviously, i cant germinate, veg and flower 10-15 plants in less than 2 months. so a solution may be to veg them inside under 1000+ watts (MH and CFL combined) and then transfer them outside when time to flower. the only problem is.... i have no clue about the timing.

i have been growing on and off... mostly on... for a little over 3 years. i consider myself to be experienced and know what i need to know to handle most any problem and have the ability to grom really nice, heady, seedless nugs. so i know i can keep them going well when they get outside. i just need to know when the right time to bring them outside is. i live in connecticut, usa.

when is it flowering time outside?? meaning, when is it basically 12/12, outside? are there any important things i need to know when bringing them outside from in?? anything i should do to reduce the stress??

i have already put the seeds in the paper towels so i'm doing this. even if i have to veg up until i move, set up my indoor grow room at my new place and somehow transfer my plants to the new house. thats my ideal situation... but i've heard the sun is the best light source and the biggest, most dense bud come from outside. i figure that the seeds will be planted and most likely sprouted in a week or less. i plan on the beginning of veg (for day counting purposes) will be july 19th. that gives me 1 month and 18 days to veg. in my grow room that will get them atleast 2 feet tall. and since i LST they will be nice and bushy by then.

any feedback???

:smoke:

2. Hurry up and get them outside. It's already 12/12, you should be able to pull 6 ounces of a really good plant.

3. damn. i still got atleast 3 weeks of veg. i usually like 4-5 week though... with my lighting set-up thats the best time to get them nice and bushy

4. Sorry bud, but its not 12/12 if hes nayhwere in the US, we arnt going to start getting 12/12 mid-late aug. and my thinking is its going to be even later then prodicted due to global bullshit and we had a late summer as it is already.
    Sorry i didnt read the rest of your post, i just saw somebody was giveing you some bad info, ill go back and read it and see if i can help any further.

5. If you sprout them now they will have a bit more than 3 weeks to grow vegetative before 12/12 sets in, if i were you i wouldnt move them outside at all if you dont have to. dont know how big the temperature differences are in connecticut but as far as i know the slickest bud comes from a well controlled grow room with a constant temperature of 82F and enough lightning. Mostly outside the temperature differences are a lot bigger so your bud will have less thc. Ofcourse if you're stuck in between moving by not having your growroom set up at your own place you can put them outisde and take them inside again, let them go vegetative again until they're big.

6. id hurry man! most plants are done by late september to early/mid october!

7. i want to keep them inside. i love indoor growing and i love indoor bud. outdoors are great but imo, they dont compare. thats why i havent ever grown outside in my 3 year career....

thanks satan (that sound funy). i didnt think it was already early fall but i guess the seasons are different where ever NJ lives.... hope its not new jersey, lol.

johndoh... wouldn't the stress of going from inside to outside back in, as well as veg to flower back to veg limit my overall yeild and potency?? i want the least amount of collateral damage as possible from this upcoming move.

one problem that i would have to take care of quite soon....a rather big problem.... is finding a good place outdoors. i have a few ideas... one of which is where my buddy grows outdoors. i know it worked there cuz i was his "botonist". he only knows how to water, plant and smoke bud. so i had to take care of specifics once a week. anyhoo... this spot is atleast a 500 yard troop into forest which is part of a state park. i measured once but forgot.... but i think the spot is about 50 feet from a small brook. there is a beutiful clearing in the oaks/pines over head as if a sign from the god i dont believe in that this is the spot.

I plan to leave them in pots while outside. although i am still hoping quite a lot that i can figure out a way to keep them indoors. my ideal situation, which i dont remember if i said already, is to veg them until sept. 6th, transfer all my lighting and air equiptment to the new grow room while leaving the plants in the closet. then when everything is set, smuggle the plants to the new house from my old house and throm them under 12/12 immediatly. or in this situation should i veg them for a little while first to get them going strong as possible before flowering?

either way, out of 20 beans, 12 have germinated already and they are all planted in peat pots. included in the 12 is the main reason i'm putting myself through this stress and not waiting until sept. to start a new grow..... a seed from the best haze i ever smoked. i figure theres a good chance the seed is female.... cuz the grower (i dont know him) has been growing this herb for atleast 8 years. if i was him, i would hvae made my own feminized seeds by then... inturn, creating feminized seeds for me:smoke:... in my theory.