Advice for my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Brian_maes, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Can i cut off the lowest leaves of the plant? I want to put more soil into the pot. People recommended to cut the lowest branches to make sure the top grows bigger. I will also add some perlite to the extra soil. Good idea?
    Any help is appreciated :)

Attached Files:

2. Yes you can cut the lower leaves, but you want to pull that plant out of that pot and fill in the bottom of the pot then put the plant on top and fill in the sides. Perlite is a wonderous idea. If you try to just fill the pot, your roots will not get the extra space they need . Good luck mate .

• Like Like x 1
  3. No you should definitely not cut off anything to bury the stem. Terrible idea! Instead moisten the soil and do a transplant into the same pot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Also like Lopez said, mix in some perlite, about 20 - 30 % should do the job. Good luck ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. I forgot to mention its an autoflower. Will this make a difference? I read that you can’t really trim them. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes its true for the most part. However you can low stress train autoflowers. Low stress training will make one plant yield more, the entire purpose is to use more space horizontal. When done correct, transplanting does not stunt the growth. My recommendation is that you transplant it carefully into the same pot and avoid any training since you seem a bit inexperienced, no harm intentended with that said.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yes you don't want to stress the auto flowers too much. Most here leave them alone minus minor topping and some LST. They are also usually started in the final pots to stray from the dreaded transplant shock(I don't..) but Just a heads up, if you just fill the pot and cover the stem with soil, there's a chance she dies on ya .. or it could live but take crap tons of energy trying to grow roots from The stem you just buried. IMO Best bet is take the advice

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1