Advice for light leak where power cord comes out

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by OneDayJD, Mar 24, 2012.

1. I'm finishing my grow box this weekend. I'm pretty OCD and want it to be as neat and clean as possible. Somewhere in the box I will have a hole in the wall/floor/ceiling for the power cord(s) to exit. Ideally, I will mount a power strip inside the box, have lights and possibly fans plug in to it inside the box, then have one power cord exiting the box. The hole has to be at least an inch or inch and a half for the plug to get through. But I'd love to find like a rubber seal or something on the hole so when the plug comes through, it seals flush around the cord to seal light. Does that make sense? Any advice on how to accomplish this would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Thanks for the link. You referring to the caulk on the connections? That's probably what I will do if I can't find something more like what I'm looking for. Good link, thanks.

3. I have used duct tape for that.

With care and attention to detail you can do a neat attractive job.

4. You might try a rubber grommet.

5. Weather stripping

6. True about the duct tape. That's my last resort. Weather stripping might could work too. And I'm already getting it to seal the door. Good call. And I'm not familiar with grommets. Bout to google that shit. Thanks y'all, I'll let you know how it turns out.

7. Damn. Grommets are my first choice. As long as I can find one that will fit my hole (thatswhatshesaid) and the wire, it should be perfect. Thanks.

8. try a neoprene insert for a cloner...they even have a little slot in em for a cord, then ya just wedge into place. Or make something similar out of some squishy foam stuff..like a nerf pacmanl.

9. My grow shop has grommets. Another place would be a good hardware store or a local electrical supply.

10. Meh I did it myself but I just soldered the power bar directly onto it instead of using the power on/off switch. and then i covered everything with electrical tape

11. You soldered the power bar directly onto what? I'm confused.