Advice for Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 510Tony, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Hi, this is my first time ever growing anything as far as a cannabis plant.
    I've been doing research and decided I would like to grow some good bud.
    I'm going to purchase some high quality seeds first of all.
    I'm currently living in my own apartment and have no big problem of hiding the plants.
    I'm actually thinking about buying a portable green house and growing it in my room.
    Yet I have my mind made up, I'm still new to growing so I'm not sure what's a good light source and the efficiency of a portable green house. Tips and Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Read Grandpa's Grow Guide. Lots of good tips in there.

Growing in an apartment can be a little tricky. Make sure you get a good carbon scrubber or something of that nature.

Also, remeber that your landlord and maintenance workers can and usually will come into your apartment when you are not there. Or, at least unnanounced. You don't want to just grow in plain site.

3. I'm currently reading Grandpa's Grow Guide and it seems like it does have some great tips.
    I don't think the landlord/maintenance workers will be able to come in without permission, as said in the lease I believe. Never the less, the grow will be in my room with a lock, that maintenance has no key or access to (Changed Locks) and there will always be someone home so I'm not really concerned. But what is this carbon scrubber and what is the use of that? Thanks!

4. The carbon scrubber will remove the odor of your grow.

In an apartment you share many walls with your neighbors. Venting the odor can be tough. If one of your neighbors smells your grow you could be in big trouble. Read up on carbon scrubbers and other ways to reduce the smell of your grow.

Like I said. Apartment grows are tricky.

Good luck.

5. There's a bunch of articles about hydroponics and such HERE but most of it is just as good if you're growing in soil. It's good info for any kind of indoor growing.

When it comes to learning what to and what not to do, no single resource really has it all. When I was getting started in indoor growing I went out and bought a bunch of books, Googled my ass off, and basically read everything I could find. This was one of my favorite resources.

6. hey peps ,got a question. how many watts can u get away with in a 2 bedroom apartment??

7. Question doesn't make sense. An apartment isn't different then a house in this respect ?

8. well i figured u can use way more watts in a house than an apt for growing,without starting to attract unwanted attention

9. Ah okay, I see :cool:

I'm not really sure what the threshold is. From what I am told if the cops feel a need to take a look at your electric bill they will compare your electric bill with that of your neighbors. If it is considerably higher that can be the evidence they need to move forward.

If you are smart, you can conserve electricity in one area enough to allow you to utilize the additional electricity for your grow. When I started my CFL grow I replaced all the lights in my house with CFL bulbs (they were incandescent). Changing the bulbs made such a difference that, even with my CFL grow going in full swing, my electricity bill went down :hello:

10. great idea,thanks for the info

11. Supposing water accidentally leaks into your downstairs neighbour´s apartment - are the fire department going to wait patiently for your permission before they shut it off?

12. Glad I could help :cool: