Advice for a first timer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trainwrecklife, Sep 23, 2017.

1. #1 trainwrecklife, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Hey all, some I’m about to start my first grow. Here’s my current set up, keep in mind my budget is next to nothing. Everything I have is brand new and I have yet to spend even $300.
    Equipment:
    -4’x4’x80” tent
    -Ultrasun 400W MH bulb in a ducted ipower hood connected to 400W ipower electric ballast
    - 6 inch hurricane intake fan only runs through hood
    -tiny stationary clip on fan
    -3 5G buckets w/ 10” net pot filled with hydroton each with its one air pump and stone as well as an ultrasonic fogger
    Nutes are Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, and Bloom, as well as, GH rapidstart.

Been testing the room for 12 hours or so temp is at about 80 degrees F both inside and outside of tent. I haven’t starting venting outside though. Once the hood is venting outside that’ll bring down the temp a bit and I plan on putting an AC in the room that my tent is in. I have clones in an aquaponic system I can move in as well as a germination system and rock wool that I could utilize to start from seed. As well as clones already rooted in soil that I could use in fabric pots. How many plants is it recommended that I squeeze into my 4x4? How much do you fill your buckets? Up to the bottom of the net pot? Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Good deal all for less than $300 bnib.

That's quite a few questions and imho you have to figure out the style of grow that for u best. There are various methods to achieve many many goals.

Sea of green could be a good idea, probably something you should research.

Screen of green one also very common. Another method of growing that's well worth researching.

I myself like to low stress train 2-3 plants under my 400w hps as well as my 280w LED lights which is in a separate tent for veg.

I've seen ppl do one plant in dwc scrog'd with every single inch of the tent filled with colas.

Recently I've been looking into sog myself, lst is nice but I'm looking for a faster turn around rate so like I said earlier it really depends on the style of grow YOU will prefer... Once u try various methods of course.

If I may... I'd suggest, just to keep things simple, 3-4 plants with a few weeks added to veg for some LST. Maybe two dwc and two soil or coco. Learn all that u can this time around and then try maybe sog or scrog.

Good luck

3. Thank you so much! I actually hadn’t heard of Sea of green. It was a great deal! One guy bought it all never had time to use it. He sold it to a guy at a loss and they guy never had time to use it. That’s when I swooped in. I totally understand the need to kind feel out what method I’m comfortable with and I appreciate the information.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pull dont push air