Advice/Comments?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 2FootBong, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Well i've been trying to get this girl for like months now and i'm getting sick of it. it's been the most odd thing. first time i met her in late november we talked for 45 minutes straight and it really went well, i thought for sure we'd go out.

but then the cold, hard reality hit me -- after that day and the next day, we had normal school schedule, which means: i never see her in class, at lunch, and very rarely in the hallway. at first i talked to her in the hallway a few times a week but i've been seeing her less and less. i talked to her outside of school a few times but she normally gets picked up right as school ends. she also lives about 40min away from me. so its a really tough situation. i kinda realized it was going to wither and die.

but then last friday night i was chilling with my friend and we were talking about shit, and he mentioned he's in band. i hadn't known that; and this girl is as well. so i told him i had been thinking of asking her out and asked if he knows if she's single. he said he was pretty sure. anyway yesterday at lunch he said "yo check out this" and shows me a txt convo between him and this girl. the last thing was like him saying merry christmas or something, but in the text box it said "are you single?", which he proceeded to send. i thought it was cuz he was interested in her (idc b/c he's so wierd and nerdy that no one would date him). but it was pretty wierd so i was like wtf. later i saw her so me and my friend went to talk to her. when i got there her mom was pulling up to give her a ride home. so i said "hey i'll tell ya quick then, your gona get a wierd txt from so-and-so." and she said "i know i saw it already, how did u know about it?" and i said he showed me at lunch. she was getting in her car at this point but she said "i told him i'm talking to someone". and indeed, he confirmed that was what she had replied. now he thought she meant she was talking to someone at that moment, but i took it as saying she's single but talking to a possibility.

now, i haven't any idea if that's me or not... really no clue. like i said i talked to her for a long ass time a few times but it was months ago and i heard that she's known to talk a lot. but i want to get this whole thing over with either way, so i can either move on or go out with her.

i was thinking i could try again tommorow... i can go to her lunch tommorow, but idk if i will sit with her... i can try. i can also try to find her in the hallway, but 90% chance that will fail.

so i was thinking, failing that, i could ask my friend (i'm pretty sure he'd do it) to text her back and say that he was asking b/c he knows someone who likes her and basically tell her it's me, on the condition that i admit i asked him to send it if i'm asked. i'm confident this would lead to one of two scenarios: either we'd go out or it'd be too awkward (b/c she doesnt like me) and i could just avoid her forever (not hard at all... i never see her anyway). which is what i'm aiming for... not having to deal with it anymore if its not gona work anyway.

so fellow blades, what should i do? is that a good idea? similar experiences? comments? and please, if you say i shouldn't do it, propose an alternative. i'd just ask her to go get some pizza or something if i could ever talk to her for longer than 1 minute...

2. can u not just get/ask her number and text/ring her urself?

dude man up.. u seem to like her, she likes u (she talked to u for 45min), whats the hold up? ;)

seriously tho- nobody talks to a person for 45min if she does not find that person AT LEAST interesting...

GOOD LUCK

3. i havent met a guy that shy since high school.....
    my advice..... is to man up.
    end of story.

make the effort to go up to her and talk to her. if you want one minute.. then take two minutes out of your day.... rearrange whatever the eff you do. since this girls obviously got your head spinning.. and go talk to her. i say two minutes.. cause i know youre gonna take the first minute to psych yourself out..

4. [quote name='"LoveLinds"']i havent met a guy that shy since high school.....
    my advice..... is to man up.
    end of story.

make the effort to go up to her and talk to her. if you want one minute.. then take two minutes out of your day.... rearrange whatever the eff you do. since this girls obviously got your head spinning.. and go talk to her. i say two minutes.. cause i know youre gonna take the first minute to psych yourself out..[/quote]

i made it pretty clear... i have no way of finding her before after or during school. just because you haven't been in the situation doesn't mean its not real. even though she's in my grade i never saw her before november and had no clue who she was at the time. and any time i see her i immediately go talk to her. i've actually got a few things i want to talk to her about; its just i never get to. and i've been late to class to talk to her a few times. but its unfortunately only like once a week that i get a chance to and its always really brief.

please read before commenting.

5. She probably heard you thought premarital sex was immoral and she wanted to start talkin with a real man? :confused_2:

6. i actually did read it and it sounded like you ran into her plenty of times.

7. p.s. that BRIEF chance you get.... is your CHANCE to TAKE. if you wanna talk to her, do something about it and just talk to her. that was my entire point. not the fact that you rarely have time in the day to. you need to put your foot BACK into the door. you had 45 minutes with her. cool.. i can have 45 minutes of random discussion with anyone. only because im a people person. ANYWAYS, my entire point.... is to just do it. MAKE time if you want her.

8. [quote name='"LoveLinds"']

p.s. that BRIEF chance you get.... is your CHANCE to TAKE. if you wanna talk to her, do something about it and just talk to her. that was my entire point. not the fact that you rarely have time in the day to. you need to put your foot BACK into the door. you had 45 minutes with her. cool.. i can have 45 minutes of random discussion with anyone. only because im a people person. ANYWAYS, my entire point.... is to just do it. MAKE time if you want her.[/quote]

you still didn't read the post... it's not that i don't have time. its that theres no opportunity to take or make.

9. theres always opportunity... if there isnt.. then give up... pfft.

10. im going to be blunt cuz as another dude, its tough fighting for a girl and i dont want you to waste your time.

dude, you're not "talking" to her. straight up its not you. why? cuz you literally don't talk to her. not saying its your fault but you told us you barely see her in class or around school.

never use your friend as a middle man in these kind of situations. yeah to a extend but if you're trying to use him to tell her things that you should be telling her then its a big no no.

next time, what you should've of done was gotten her number when u were talking to her. again, like you said u thought it the convo was so good that you thought u guys could potentially date.

if thats the case, getting her number would be a great way to keep in contact and would be appropriate because she obvi digs you too.

but for now man... leave it alone. live your life, do you thing and forget about this girl. you got the odds going against you and sometimes its best to just go with the flow.

who knows, you might end up having a class with her next year or something and you'll have a better shot.

and please dont get your friend to tell her that you like her. thats pretty creepy and you proly will lose all ur chances.

for now, as long as you don't do something stupid you stand as.."the guy who i had a amazing conversation with" in her head ... don't fuck it up. wait til you get another shot.

11. [quote name='"GillyTHEkid"']im going to be blunt cuz as another dude, its tough fighting for a girl and i dont want you to waste your time.

dude, you're not "talking" to her. straight up its not you. why? cuz you literally don't talk to her. not saying its your fault but you told us you barely see her in class or around school.

never use your friend as a middle man in these kind of situations. yeah to a extend but if you're trying to use him to tell her things that you should be telling her then its a big no no.

next time, what you should've of done was gotten her number when u were talking to her. again, like you said u thought it the convo was so good that you thought u guys could potentially date.

if thats the case, getting her number would be a great way to keep in contact and would be appropriate because she obvi digs you too.

but for now man... leave it alone. live your life, do you thing and forget about this girl. you got the odds going against you and sometimes its best to just go with the flow.

who knows, you might end up having a class with her next year or something and you'll have a better shot.

and please dont get your friend to tell her that you like her. thats pretty creepy and you proly will lose all ur chances.

for now, as long as you don't do something stupid you stand as.."the guy who i had a amazing conversation with" in her head ... don't fuck it up. wait til you get another shot.[/quote]

yea, your definitely right that i should have gotten her number. i wasn't thinking about it at the time -- i didn't notice how coincidental it was that i was able to talk to her for that long, and i didn't realize it wouldn't happen again unless i ask her out.

and i wasn't sure that she meant me either, but i didnt rule it out for a few reasons. 1, i asked a few of my friends and she talks to like 1 other guy regularly and he's literally 5 feet tall so i'm not worried. 2, my friend who was there when she said it said he thought she probably meant me from how she said it.

and idc about the long term thing -- i don't care if i have a class with her or another chance far in the future. she's really not that special that i'd care. i just want this to be done so i don't have to think about it anymore.

now, i don't like the thing about getting my friend to tell her either. and like i said, if i'm asked about it i won't lie, because it's deceptive enough already. but i asked in my post that if you diss it, to propose an alternative. the thing is, i'd do something else if there was a better option. the situation sucks though. from her perspective, i was just stupid enough to tell this kid that i like her. but i'm still trying to find alternatives, cuz i dont like it either.

12. Yo you probably should be worried about another dude actually having the balls to talk to this girl himself.

Not trying to be a dick or anything but that's how you get girls, you actually have to sack up and talk to them.