Advice before finishing off...

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Blooming Idiot, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Also, can mods move my thread to here? Seen more micro journals on here than the actually grow journal thread

2. Looks tidy so far mate.

PM a mod to get it moved or just delete your old thread and copy and paste it in here.

Looks like your doing ok so far,run your fan cables along the side you wont open rather than the bottom,its just better for the saftey side of things.
    Also make sure you mount the mylar with sticky back pads,avoid foil tape if possible as its not the best.

3. Love that case dude, looks great I'm subbed!

4. Thanks dudes,

few pics of todays progress.

Looks a bit sh*tty to be honest as I stuck the back down glue and its dried funny so did the rest with tape =[

Wish I had read your post DJSID as I went ahead used a few strips of foil tape!

Exhaust in quite close to the light but not a problem and will keep it pretty cool.

Just need to try connect the fans to power now.

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      376.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      471.2 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      396 KB
      Views:
  5. Looking nice! I used a lot more foil tape then that :( lol

Also subbed 'cause your case looks good :)

6. Looks fine mate,
    A few strips of foil tape wont hurt and the bonus of mylar is that if it isnt flat it doesnt create heat spots :)
    Looks untidy but doesnt effect the enviroment,as for the fans run them off mobile phone chargers ;)

7. Im tempted to strip it off but its all overlapping now and would be a right hassle!

I have a few phone chargers knocking about but they don't throw enough power out for the fans so Im going to my local electric wholesale in the morning to find a closer match hopefully.

8. I had that problem. All my phone chargers are those energy saving ones.

9. Yeah mine are all new blackberry or samsung ones =[

10. FINISHED:hello:

Got both fans running off one adapter..

Just waiting for temps to level out for half hour, at the minute canopy temps are 22.5c 3inch from bulb

managed to dig a perfect shape container out to maximise root growth and also found a scrog net that can hopefully be used later on.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      221 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      220.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      350.9 KB
      Views:
  11. Top banana mate.
    Get your ass germing :)

12. Cheers mate,

Im on it don't worry! Been Germinating a fruity chronic juice fem for 2 days but she hasn't popped yet

13. Great temps, and case. I will be interested in seeing how this goes!

14. Allow 5 days plus for it to pop the soil.
    Make sure it's in a warm darkish area.. :)

15. Are you still going to try the 1x fruity chronic juice? The case looks very nice hopefully you will have a successfull yield!!

16. I have it in the old tuppawear with kitchen roll opening twice a day and its about 26c constant. Started to swell so fingers crossed she pops soon.

17. Yeah man just the one, I may even use this for veg and hook another pc up for flowering as I can't really add a scrubber to this setup and smell is an issue.

18. Cool, I forgot to mention I have a FCJ in my back garden it's been out there since march and stands about 3ft tall. Check my current grow there's a few pics of it in there ;)

19. Cool, will head over and take a look!