Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Advice about DT pertaining to a job..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by metalstonerking, Mar 22, 2006.

1. What are the chances I'll get DT'd for a job I'm applying for? It's part time in the summer, like 2-4 weeks, BUT its for a special census (governement job). I need to know whether to accept the gracious pay or burn the app.

2. I work in the summers for a state job, i never get drug tested but the poeple i work with who are full time do. I dont know if that helps

3. it's tough to say. For a temp job like that, it's usually unlikely to be DT'd, however, since it's a gov't gig, the odds may be higher, but if I had to bet, I'd say you were safe.

Also, for most jobs, if you fail a DT, nothing much happens except you don't get the job. (if someone wants to correct me on this, please do). Once again, the fact that it's a gov't job murkies the water a bit... but it seems like whenever someone says 'government job', we get the visual that the white house, senate, and supreme court all look over your application and watch over your every move (more then they watch over every other citizen, which is saying alot), but I doubt thats the case. The guy/gal whose hiring you is probably just another person, like any other private-sector boss, so I'd assume that you'd be ok.

good luck

4. Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate it. I think I'll hedge my bets with this one.