Advice about a girl?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by raydavies, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Awhile back, I met a girl at a party, and we hit it off and exchanged numbers. We met for coffee/hung out twice, and seemed to really connect. I ended up calling her a third time, and asked her on a date, to which she said she wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment. We were supposed to just hang out another time, but she flaked out on me, and we dropped connection.

Fast forward several months. I text a few girls I have in my phone, inviting them to a party. This girl was one of them. She responded that she wasn't able to go to a party that weekend, but said she had enjoyed out convos and would like to grab coffee again. We met again for coffee, and had a great time, and are hanging out (just as friends) again in a little bit.

My question is this, I'm really into her, and would love to date her (not just hook up with her). Should I just take things slow and build a friendship with her, or immediately try dating her again? I don't want to drive her off again like I did last time, but feel as if I should also not waste my second chance with her. Second chances rarely happen, so I am throwing caution to the wind and asking for help.

Serious advice, please?

I don't know diddly about starting relationships, was only in one for a month, back when I was 17. Grew up repressed and going to all boys schools until college, so I'm sorely lacking in the girl department haha.

Thanks.

2. Test the goods first.

3. Seriously, feel it out but air on the side of taking it slow and just being friends. She expressed she didn't want to be in a relationship. Easy thing to do is simply ask her over the coffee, "has your stance changed any since we last talked?" If she says no, DO NOT press the matter and make it clear that you will not do so.

4. Keep it casual and play it cool mang :smoking: