Advice; 18.8 t0 14.5

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CannaChristian, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I need an 18.8 mm ash catcher to use with a tree perc bubbler, because I want to keep it from getting clogged. The question is, where can I buy one that's well priced and well made?

2. You're in the right place if you're looking for well priced. Check the GC store. How much are you looking to spend?

3. Forty five at the most, I suppose.

4. id get a carbon filter... with that price range. Im curious what your piece looks like and how a ashcatcher will function on it.

5. Hydroriffic,

It's more or less like this, same shape, but with two more diffused stems, to make it eight, and they're a little thinner than those in the picture.

Attached Files:

6. The thing about carbon filters is that i would have to replace the charcoal, whereas with an A.C. i would need only to change out the water.

7. Carbon filter cools the smoke down considerably, acts as an ash catcher and really cleans the smoke as well. And carbon is dirt cheap and you only have to replace a tiny amount every week at most.

8. I wonder if people who recommend carbon filters have used them. I have found they have a hell of a lot of drag.

9. [quote name='"CannaChristian"']The thing about carbon filters is that i would have to replace the charcoal, whereas with an A.C. i would need only to change out the water.[/quote]
    Carbon is dirt cheap and it makes it healthier. And an ac can add a lot if weight

[quote name='"KravenOne"']I wonder if people who recommend carbon filters have used them. I have found they have a hell of a lot of drag.[/quote]
    Dont pack it as tight

10. It also depends on style of carbon filter you got. If you have a standard one with the glass plug that goes in the bottom your going to have more drag than one that has ice pinches or a disc.

11. i personally hate carbon filters

12. [quote name='"KravenOne"']I wonder if people who recommend carbon filters have used them. I have found they have a hell of a lot of drag.[/quote]

You're doing it wrong.

13. [quote name='"Nate489"']

Dont pack it as tight[/quote]

This. Or maybe you need to change it more. I changed mine every week or so and it created almost no drag. Just super smooth hits.

14. Avoid going from the nice 18mm to a restrictive 14mm joint. Your asking for drag.