Advertisements are taking over.

Discussion in 'General' started by Brahski, Oct 16, 2010.

1. I've notice lately they're everywhere. I was angry when the implemented them to pop up in youtube videos, but now there are 30 second ads before the video? Ridiculous, in some cases the ad is longer than the video I want to watch.

Where do you think they'll be next?

2. It is really fucked.. I remember watching a football final once and I swear there was an ad between each play. There are ads in everything, and an increase in product placements. Getting a bit sick. Now that LCDs are cheap I see them all over supermarkets and in gas stations and shit advertising.

3. There's a fucking INFLUX of TV commercials.

I mean, seriously, I pay you (The big cable company) every month, why should I not have the option to disable commercials? They should only be there for people that WANT to view them, you shouldn't force paying customers to watch nonsense.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbVD5hlddk]YouTube - Minority Report Commercials[/ame]

5. Wow, that would suck. :(

Haven't seen you in awhile, pete.

6. E! Channel is probably the worst I've seen... while watching The Soup, they were spamming me with ads for The Soup. Doesn't even make sense.

7. If your Adblock Plus didn't come with it, make sure to add EasyList to it.

The list contains a staggering amount of objects and ads to block.

I barely see advertisements online now. Although it doesn't always work for shitty ads in videos, still highly recommended.

The Official EasyList Website

8. You get content for free because of ads. Advertisement IS the programming, and the content is there to keep you watching.

9. TV would be epic without commercials.

10. That's why lots of people are just watching TV through the internet now instead of paying upwards of $60 a month to watch programming riddled with commercials. I actually convinced my family to stop paying for satellite TV and start watching online.

11. ^Tell me about it.....I was watching Dazed and Confused last night at 2 in the morning, and every fucking 10 minutes there was a commercial. It's like, goddamn, I make munchies every commercial because they're so boring, the advertising companies are going to make me massively obese!

12. ^ this ^
    shit sucks, but it keeps you from spending your cash on something basic like a membership to youtube or social networking.

13. You do realize it would be a lot more expensive if there weren't commercials, right?

14. Yeah, but fuck em, I want FREE TV! =d

15. My TV is just the screen for my consoles :D
    Ads piss me off, I spent time learning about the techniques they use, and know I recognize a lot of them and it's more funny than making me want to buy anything now.
    I watch everything on my computer in different ways.
    And since I've stopped watching stuff with ads I've stopped feeling like I need to buy new things, I'm a lot more at peace.

16. I've NEVER seen a youtube ad, EVER.
    I always hear about people getting annoyed with youtube ads, but I was like WTF cause Ive never seen one...

I think I have adblock plus to thank.
    I didnt know it also would block youtube ads, but seeing as I've never saw one, I guess it does. :cool:

17. How to skip youtube ads.

1. Press F5
    2. ???????
    3. Profit.

Not a big deal if you can reload a page. People gotta make money some how, so let them do it.