Advanced nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by paul21, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Has any body got any experience with Advanced Nutrients 3 part Grow-Micro-Bloom. This is my first time growing and i purchased them at my local grow shop recommended by the shop. I using a top feed waterfarm Hydroponic system. I would like to hear from any one who has used Advanced nutrients before or what people think.

2. using those also along with many other AN. The best I have ever seen. VHO is a must have and so is B-52 and Big Bud, Bud Blood...

3. AN are a lot of hype IMO. I tried a few grows using solely AN, & my overall experience was that they perform no better or no worse than General Hydroponics.

The only result I saw was a a lighter wallet.

I can get by spending around $300.00 for all my materials I need for a 35 plant grow. AN cost me well over $1000.00, & it was just hype.

But, if they work for someone else, then go with what you like I guess.

4. I was taught you get what you pay for and that's the case in my experience with Advanced Nutrients. I love it.

Their three part is a major staple in my growing.

5. Thanks, sounds good i am just about to start my 2 week old seedlings on it. When did you stop using AN before harvest to flush out the plants.

6. Nothing wrong with AN and nothing special about AN, mostly genius advertising back in the day. Their 3 part is a copy of GH. All manufacturers will get their salts from the same places so there is no chemical advantage to most foods but some stains might react differently to different proportion of NPK in the food mixes.

I'd be less worried about my nutrients and more worried about making sure the plants will be living in the perfect environment. This will be the biggest deciding factor how you make out with your plants.

7. I usually do 10-14 days of flush. I use Final Phase when I've got it, that makes for a shorter flush.

Start out weak on the nutes and build up. You can always add a bit more, it's harder to take it out.

grass69 - the salts may come from "the same places" but there's a hell of a lot of variation in buffers and chelates. Not everyone even uses chelates, and those are generally what cost the most. Not counting experimental hormones and things like that.

Besides, there's gotta be a dozen different salts you can use to get any single nutrient into a solution and they're not all created equally. They're not even all made at the same level of purity.