Advanced Nutrients ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rezlin, Jun 7, 2012.

1. I am interested in switching to Advanced Nutrients for my next grow to see how the PH Perfect formula works. Currently using Technaflora and just want to try something different.

What I'm curious about is if the Connoisseur formula is strictly a flowering formula or can it also be used during vegetative growth as well? The Adv. Nute website recipe calculator doesn't list it in a vegetative recipe that's what made me wonder.

If it is intended for a flowering base only, is it ok to use either the 'Sensi' or 'Grow,Micro,Bloom' formulas during vegetative and then switch over to Connoisseur for flowering? I'm guessing it is but looking for opinions from those who have used it or familiar with it. Thanks

2. Yes, Conni is for flowering, so you don't want to use it for veg too, though I know it might make things easier. Personally, I like Sensi for the veg state (and flowering), so if you want to choose between those two, that's the one that I would choose.

Here's info on Conni - pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom Fertilizer, pH Perfect Connoisseur A, pH Perfect Connoisseur B

3. This is good advice. Connoisseur is an excellent nutrient, but if you just getting started with Advanced Nutrients you may want just use Sensi. It's better if you're just starting out and it costs less.

Just my 2¢, YMMV.

4. Many I know that use Sensi don't even bother with the Sensi grow.
    Straight to the Sensi bloom. u will see the same results as the conni. But your wallet will be fatter. Conni is overpriced IMHO

And just because it's labelled PH perfect u still have to test.
    Don't just assume

• Like Like x 1
  5. Huh. I've never NOT used the Grow part of that lineup, but it's interesting to hear this advice.

Yes, Conni is a little much for me right now too.

And yes, you still need to check your pH because it's more than just your nutrients that impact those numbers...

6. Im in the same boat. Have both Sensi Bloom and Sensi Grow. Soil has everything it needs and by the time its about to require any I end up in flowering.

7. Depends on how long your vegging. If its only 3-4 weeks then your soil has what your plant needs generally.

8. You are correct that Connoisseur is for flowering. Advanced Nutrients has another line up Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom. Bloom is very similar to Connissuer.

Grow, Micro Bloom is more suited for the entire grow its a line up you can use by itself Connoisseur is not required.

I used to use Fox Farms line up but switched last year and saw a considerable bump in yields and size of my plants. One thing about Advanced is they have so many things they promote so be wary of genies in a bottle. Usually they are just that.

Other then Sensi Grow and Bloom I use Big Bud and Bud Candy.

9. Sorry for the hyjack but do you guys flush during the switch between grow and bloom? I am 2 days into flowering.

10. I've been using Sensi Bloom A&B as my base in the grow in my siggy, from the start and will finish with it.

Plants are doing just fine with Sensi Bloom as the base during Veg. I just put them into flower two days ago, after 3 weeks into veg. I wanted to veg longer but have time constraints that would not allow me to veg for another week or two.

11. Don't flush, just drain/change your res regularly including when you switch over the base.