advanced nutrients vs general hydroponics

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by weedies, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Hi

The local store ran out of GH and said to use AN cause it had the same NPK ratios, Anyone else try this in a pinch? I run the Lucas formula 2:1 bloom to micro, no grow.

Looks ok here but i'm in my last week of flowering and looks like a have an early onset of N def (before the flush). It will finish fine as only mostly only the fans are this way. Anyway thats another topic. Just wondering about the difference between the nutes.

Thanks

Weedies

2. I saw the same the 1st generation, the fans would seem to be giving up nitrogen...I too use Lucas Formula...now in generation 4, the older fan leaves yellow and die off as new green leaves are formed...I never tried the AN nutes but I dont see why it would matter if formula is same...do you still have ability to use only micro and bloom??? a little extra nitrogen wont hurt in the short run...:)

3. This time I tried and added more bloom for more P and mostly K for the flowers and I think that may have cause the M def. Same strain as last time. Thanks for the input. Maybe someone besides me has tried a substitute.

Grow on