Advanced Nutrients vs FoxFarm

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cyproz, May 28, 2009.

1. which do you guys prefer and why do you prefer it? i have tried FF ferts and micronutes and they are damn strong. i want to try advanced nutrients but they intimidate me alot. they seem complicated. what are the pros and cons or the two?

2. Fox Farm seems to be more soil oriented. The hydroponic stuff they make still seems better suited to soil imho. I stick with Advanced Nutrients for actual hydroponic systems because it just works better.

Advanced Nutrients isn't really any more complicated than Fox Farms, it's just that there's a lot more tools in their cabinet than Fox Farm has. It's confusing if you try to start out using dozens of things, but if you just stick with a few basics and work from there you should be fine. I actually find AN products easier to use because everything runs smoother.

I think of it like this. You can do most home repairs with just a hammer, screwdriver and a pair of pliers. But it calls for it there's no substitute for having the full toolbox with the specialized equipment. Get yourself a good base nutrient and a few bloom boosters and you're good to go. The other stuff makes a big difference, but it's less vital.

3. Both are good, more people give AN the upper hand.

4. An isn't too complicated, just expensive. I have a friend that bought everything from their feeding chart and I got some samples from each. I think he spent like 500 or something.

They work great though. Imo the best nutes i've ever tried. I havn't flowered yet, but i've been following the veg schedule and it's awesome. All my plants are healthy and growing like crazy. I ran out of grow, micro, bloom, but just replaced them with biobizz grow and bloom.

If you go with fox farm or whatever, pick up VHO from AN it's great.

I can't wait to try the bud blood, big bud, and overdrive and see if they really work. I've heard and seen grows that had bud blood and the buds were noticably bigger.

I havn't used ff nutes yet, so can't compare the two.