Advanced Nutrients users, what ratio do you use?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DrGreenthumb22, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Just make sure you bring in the. Email to return. If the store says no then you can just tell me you will contact an A.N. representative about their service (a.n. will not allow them to sell if theey don't take the return.)

Also to gwt the samples you gotta hhave ur grow shop order for you. I asked an b4.

2. Awesome info. Thanks a lot. The hydro store guy is a bit of a dick too so I wouldn't be surprised if he tried that. Printing out the email now lol.

3. Update. An told me they no longer give samples but I got a ton of stuff from general hydro. Even got organic pesticides. Enough to make 90 gallons.

4. Lol cause 3 part solutions at $12 a 1ltr bottle kick thier ass in comparison and they dont eat the return loss of profit..

5. Got 1 l 3 part nutes from gen hydro. Even sent them to my house. Along with great white and some organic pesticides

6. drama drama!

anyhow my buckets are 3.5 gal, I change teh water every 5 days.. filling them up to about an inch above the bottom of the netpot. With a ratio of 3teaspoon of each Grow, Micro, and Bloom. 3.5 teaspoon of big bud, 2 teaspoon of bud candy and 3.5 tea of sensi zym. oh yeah, 2-3 teaspoons of b-52 as well.

with these ratios I get a finishing PPM of aprox. 1300. So I've learned to not even go close to 100% of nutrient strength, so at week 4 I'm running a 'swing ppm' of aprox. 1100-1200. They seem to like that

7. Feeding Guideline

Don’t start feeding nutrients to rooting clones or seedlings such as the 2 part Sensi A & B (Grow) until they develop 3 or 4 sets of new/true leaves.

Until they develop 3 or 4 sets of new (clones)/true (seedlings) leaves feed them only water. You can foliar spray them with Jumpstart, use application rate suggested on the bottle or 1/4 strength B-52 (1 mL/liter) until then. You can also add 1/4 strength applications of Piranha, Tarantula and Voodoo Juice, to the water that you will use in the root zone.

Clones seedlings need high levels of moisture in the medium (80% -85% is good 100% is too much)

The also like a warmer environment in the root zone 70 F – 80 F.

Entering the Vegetative stage, Use the Rooted Clones / Seedlings schedule in the nutrient calculator for the first two weeks of feeding)

Week 1

At 3 or 4 sets of new leaves mix nutrient solution at 300 ppm

Week 2

Mix nutrient solution at 600 ppm

Switch to Vegetative Stage feeding schedule if you are going to vegetate the plants longer than two weeks, the calculator goes up to another 8 weeks (you don’t need to veg the whole 8 weeks).

Week 3 is Week 1 on the vegetative chart

Mix nutrient solution at 600 - 900 ppm depending on size

Week 4

Mix nutrient solution at 900 -1200 ppm depending on size

Follow chart for additional weeks as required

When entering the Bloom Stage follow the medium feeding strength. (If growing indoors the bloom stage starts when the lights are switched to twelve hours of darkness and twelve hour of light).

Week 1- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1000 ppm

Week 2 - mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1200 ppm

Week 3- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1400 ppm

Week 4- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1600 ppm

Week 5- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1400 ppm

Week 6- mix nutrient solution including supplements at 1200 ppm

Week 7- Flush

The nutrient calculator is set for a 7 week strain; it can be customized for plants that require more than 7 weeks to complete their flower stage. Just click add a week.

The amounts suggested in the nutrient calculator are the total nutrient to feed the plant for a whole week, not the amount to give them per feeding.

If you want to give your plants nutrient solution more than once per week, divide the amount (total ppm) for the week by the number of feedings that you want to give them to calculate the ppm per feeding. A light cycle of plain ph adjusted water prior to commencing a new week’s feeding schedule will help prevent lock out conditions.

Plants may increase their over all size up to 2/3, during the bloom stage, for this reason the feeding schedules in the calculator increases the strength of the nutrient solution every week, reaching the highest concentration on the fourth week of bloom.

If plant needs longer than 6 weeks of feeding (7 week strain, the 7Th week is a flush week), repeat week 4 for each extra week.

Always reduce the amount that you feed your plants during the last two weeks of feeding.

Overfeeding

If the very tip of the leaves gets yellow it is an early sign of overfeeding. Reduce the solution strength slightly (100 – 150 ppm), if not increase slightly.

Deficiencies

If the margins or any other part of the leaves yellows off it is a possible sign of deficiencies. Check pH in medium and reservoir, if the pH is off from the ideal levels look out conditions may develop. At first symptom of a deficiency apply rule # 1 (When in doubt flush them out). If growing in a medium that takes some time to dry up, allow the medium to dry and feeding them plain pH adjusted water when they are ready. If growing in a re circulating system, find a way to give them only pH adjusted water for the length of a light cycle, a second reservoir just for water may be a simple solution, then it is just a matter of moving the pump over, maintain the regular water pump cycle during the flush.

pH conditions in medium

In Soil/Soiless (Soil or Soiless mixtures that may also contain peat moss but not Coco Coir) adjust the pH to 6.3

In Hydro (It includes products such as Rockwool, Hydroton Rock, and Lava Rock) adjust to 5.6

In Coco Coir adjust the ph to 5.8 – 6.0. You may want to supplement with SensiCal when growing in coco with a base nutrient that in not specific to growing in coco

Root damage

Another possibility is damage in the root zone, check for the possibility of root rot, or insect larvae as potential causes for root deterioration, brown, mushy, smelly roots are a good indicator of root damage. Hydrogen peroxide is an efficient way to destroy root rot causing bacteria.

Mixing instructions

If using the base nutrient stand alone, mix nutrients according to instructions on the bottle.

If also using supplements follow feeding schedule in the nutrient calculator

8. Anyone still here need some advice with my an setup.. Bout to start flowering..
    Currently in dwc
    Veg 350-400 Ppms finally at the end.
    They were only taking 200-250 first month. (Clones)
    Using
    Sensi a &b grow. PhP
    B52
    Cal mag
    I tried using voodoo juice and sensizyme but made my res all nasty and I'm going to return those 2 if they let me..
    No problems after I changed the Rez and only ran a&b b52 cal mag.
    For flowering I have
    Sensi a&b bloom
    Over drive
    Final flush
    Bud candy.
    Gunna return opened voodoo juice and sensizyme if they let me.
    And return bud candy unopened .
    Gunna add big bud and bud factor x. How does this sound?

9. I have 2 - 3 weeks left of veg so be switching to flower myself using the whole AN line up but I wood keep the bud candy tho check out my grow I just bought a rhino skin replacement .. Idk why the voodoo juice n sensizyme did that too your res tho I used both of dem I only used voodoo juice for the first two weeks and that's it after that I stop adding it in too my mix ... My res is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Hey I thought I would just add my experience using AN nutrients. I use to run the sensi 2 part but have found that jungle juice (AN's 3 part line) gives me pretty much identical results with a little more flexibility and control for cheaper. Along with the base i use Big Bud, Bud Candy, and the occasional Cal Mag when needed. I am running DWC and have noticed that 1000 ppms is my max strength i can run before the start to show signs of nute burn at the tips of the leafs. This is under 1k watts without cO2. Im sure they would use more PPMs if I was running cO2

11. I can tell you that after cooking my grow due to a busted PPM meter I flushed and went clean water in DWC for 3 days. then tried the AN Revive at 75% only and it saved me. Obviously the old damage never repaired but I got new growth explosions within 2 weeks of strickly Revive. Sort of made me wan to run a test of revive only and see how it did. I am sure it wouldn't be sufficient but man it really kept these from being a waste. These were larger plants also so I think that makes them a bit more likely to respond to the rebound where smaller plants may have not made it.