Advanced Nutrients users, what ratio do you use?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DrGreenthumb22, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Heyy blades I was just wondering what strength of advanced nutes sensi grow you use, wether its 2ml per liter or full strength (4ml per liter)

2. Depending on the age of your plants, regardless of nutrient brand, you'll want to start with a lower dosage than recommended. Usually starting with 1/4 strength is safe. About 5-7 days of that in hydroponics and I usually start pushing the EC a little higher.

One thing I've noticed is that most plants in veg don't call for as many nutrients as the labels say. I usually only ever end up running 50% to 75% of full strength in veg.

A lot of people on the boards seem to take veg nutrients into the first 2 weeks of 12/12. This'll help with late flowering leaf yellowing.

Start with something like a 1/2 strength solution and see how well your plant grows. Try bumping up the EC a little higher, and see how it responds. If there's any problems, back down and run 1/2 strength for a while. Some plants are picky, and some aren't. I know my Chemdog won't take the same feed as another one of my strains.

3. i never go over 5 ml a gallon. Just how i always grew. Never use as much as bottle says. I'm happy w/ my results. Although I'm getting bored in my grow room and may dial in nutes better. Using a max of 5ml per gallon I never burnt my girls.

4. Depends on your grow.

Personally, I do what the bottle says...minus 25%. I want to be able to add more later on, if I think my plants are thirsty for more.

But you can always call up the AN customer service line for advice. They're straightforward about growing, and it's more helpful than others I've talked to.

5. I agree with all the blades in the thread. Less is a better. Just take notes on how your plant behave. I use my nutrients at 50% of it strenght because I use too many additives.

However I have heard from Veterans Growers that we should use Nutrients at Max Ratio and dilute with additional R/O water. Until you reach the desired PPM.

I will make a experiment on the side, down the road. Just to corroborate the yields with a strain am familiar with.

Peace

ZS

6. I follow the old AN nutrient schedule.
    It's is 1ml per gallon of micro, grow and bloom. You just keep increasing the ratio depending on your stage of growth.

it's easy to use with an ec meter as 10ml of each added to a 20gallon res usually raises the ec by .1
    So if you add 50ml each it would go up .5. Very easy to use in my opinion.

Young clones start at 200ppm then work you're way up until the 4th week of flower when you shoul be around 1400-1800 ppm Or 2.8ec to around 4ec
    :)

7. Maybe is the conversion or something. But I cannot go over 1100 PPM in all my strains, except for one. I use the .7 conversion with my TDS/PPM meter.

ZS

8. Damn that sucks. My strains are very strong and love really high concentrations of nutrient. My jack flash diesel can handle over 2500ppm. Once I let my res almost run dry due to not being home, filled it back up and my meter was still flashing 2000ppm because that's the highest that it read...my plants were fine and the jflash ended up being as hard as fucking rock when done

9. I've been pretty lazy lately, I'm just mixing it up at the recommended dosage (4ml/L). I don't check pH, I just do a quick check on ppm and then check ppm again every few days or so.

Honestly, I haven't been able to find a way to screw up the nutes so it's been freeing me to play around with other stuff more, like trying new LST tricks and such. I know that the nutes are going to be fine as long as I mix them right to start with, so the time I used to spend fidgeting around with pH and ppm I can do other stuff with.

10. I'm using sensi on my blueberry. They like to be around 1000-1100 ppl in both veg and flower. That's about 10-12ml per gallon

11. I normally push the PPM until I start to see burnt tips depending on strain it ranges from 1200-1600. I'm talking flower and 2nd week and later. Then I add some water and scale down about 100ppm to get the highest strength nutes with no burn. Thats for people like me that run different strains every time. Should not be something you will need to do with the same strain, learn what it likes and remember it...

I run ebb and grow bucket systems and they have been amazing!

12. Nobody here has stated what system they are growing with when telling you the PPM to go with, in essence NONE of this information should be considered accurate.

Some systems like DWC require less than half the nutrients that say a drip hydro setup would use, and possibly as much as 1/5th that of a soil grower. You need to be specific in your setup to give an accurate answer here.

But i think for the majority of standard hydroponics setups e/f, drip, etc, right around 1200-1400ppm in flower is more than enough, with 5-700 in veg.

For DWC you can probably get away with 700-800ppm in flower and 4-500 in veg

dirt can go as high as 3000 ppm but you normally only fertilize dirt once every other watering.

I am by no means an expert and my numbers could be way off, but the one thing I am sure of, is nobody else here told you what system they were using which makes all their answers "wrong".

13. DAM IT, you made me spit Monster all over my monitor with that statement... :D
    I think DrGreenthumb22 is looking for advise from someone that actually uses the product, not "personal opinions"....

I've been running AN's "Grand Master" line :rolleyes: for almost a year now, just finished the 3rd round with it and on my 4th...
    1/2 of what they suggest on the bottle will put you between 1000 and 1100ppm and perfect...
    (assuming your EC/PPM meter calculates the ppm the same as my BlueLab pen)..

I go from seedling stage @ 300-400ppm then they go in whatever system and get 1000-1100ppm...
    If you wish I can post a pic of a 1/4lb bud from the last grow I did in rDWC @ 1100ppm all through flowering.. :eek:

Cannot comment on soil, never seriously used it myself...

But I do KNOW that NOT ONE of the nutrient companies suggest different mixing directions,
    or suggested ppm readings according to hydro system..

From hydro to soil maybe, but not between the different hydroponic systems...
    Sorry fr0g, wrong answer, everyone is not wrong and you're the ONLY correct one as you claim, but thank you for trying....

:wave:

14. My comment was solid information, the scale back method is great for determining what a strain likes and also to figure your own method of feeding.

If you don't have the common sense to have a slight idea what you are doing with your grow, either plan to fail, or read a book.

10 years ago nobody would talk about it, it was trial and error learning, feel lucky to be where we are and learn as much as you can!

15. #15 King of Kings, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
    [quote name='"saintjoe303"']My comment was solid information....[/quote]

LOL 3k ppm
    No way even in dwc will 700 do in flower. Unless the plant is just a seedling which u should not be budding.

16. Try feeding the same in DWC as you do in soil, Good bye plants. The difference between drip and DWC is quite large as well, the entire point of DWC is so that the plants can uptake more nutrients, which means you need less of them.

Use a little common sense and maybe do some research. It 100% depends on what system you are using, what plants you have, temp, CO2, ETC.

If youl notice i put "" around the word wrong, because while im sure all their information works for them, and yours works for you, that information does not directly transfer from 1 person to another unless they have identical grow rooms.

17. Not 100% sure how someone can offer advise on something which you have never used... :confused:

But whatever, I'm not here to have a debate with you, I'm just answering a question from a year of personal experience with the product in question, so let's just say everyone is wrong, and your answer is the ONLY correct one...

Good luck all.... :wave:

18. King Of Kings, I don't know why you quoted me, but I'll say this.

If you grow, and you like to talk about it or compare notes, you will find that every person is a so called expert and their method is best for everyone.

I would say, the proof is in the final product.

Take what you can from everyone, and formulate your own "way".

Then shut the fuck up and enjoy!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #19 Clidefr0g, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    Not 100% sure how someone who ive never met or seen in my lifetime can tell me what I have and have not done... :confused:

You are literally just stupid, please do not procreate.

Name calling and disrespect are not tolerated here at GC.

Chunk

I agree

20. Disrespect will not be tolerated here... :mad:
    Post reported...

• Like Like x 1