Advanced LED light/company reviews?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Senseimilla, Jan 12, 2012.

1. can only tell you about the ones i use or have used. this is a good company. Looking for one to beat them currently. 
    View attachment 142628

Here is my current grow

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_tifHZ_LQ

3. +1 for Advanced LED lights, though I have only compared them to HID for the most part (not other LED yet). Either way they work great.

4. I know this is an older thread but ill chime in to stick up for eshine...
    Many say many things about eshine, both good and bad. Personally I've read more bad so heres a little something to add:
    I recently purchased a 1200w eshine panel. Yeah, the same ones u see on alibaba, ebay etc and yeah its identical to the advanced and platinum offerings, among others. Newsflash people, this company is the original manufacturer of this design, regardless of other claims or whatever. How do i know this? A combination of years in the electronics industry serving in a design capacity and months and months of research on led technology. Talking to various salespeople, manufacturers etc, the astute quickly learns to separate fact from bullshit.
    Example : the term "penetration", lol what a crock cmon man if i tell u that im a scientist of over 20 years and u still can come at me w that bs i don't know what else to say other than correct u and tell u that light will either reflect, refract, or absorb into a given surface (like your plant canopy). Watch out for sales speak, all i can say, if u follow the typical "penetration" doctrine the only one getting penetrated is u and your wallet :p
    K, back to eshine, my model, model es-400*3w-3gb, seems absolutely f'in BEAST. I paid hundreds and hundreds less than the other offerings. I can say this because i own 2 900w platinum fixtures as well and they r beast too! Difference? PRICE, thats it folks. U wanna believe that your light is american made? Cool, more power to ya but the rest of us who know ANYTHING about this industry knows that they all come from china. Dont like that idea? Also cool, dont buy any led from anyone, simple. Better yet, youre so smart, build your own and see if its worth it to u...
    I have a PAR meter (ok fine call it a quantum meter, dont care) and a kill a watt meter, 2 necessary measurement tools u should have if u are in any way serious about taking real world measurements and properly evaluating an led grow fixture. Throw out lumens, it doesnt apply here and when u cling to the idea it only serves to mark u as ignorant, sorry... And yep its true, if u happen to have a color spectrometer that helps too, alot even but not everyone will have a $1400 tool like that around, understood...
    Im no fanboy, other than of things i KNOW work thru proper trials, testing and service so im not quite ready to give an endorsement to eshine however...
    The unit is built intelligently and solidly, no hint of cheap chinese crap here, its highly servicable w parts easily sourced just about anywhere, it was packed intelligently and arrived straight from china in just under 1 week. And lol its BRIGHT AS ALL HELL, yeah its a personal technical term deal w it lol. The service has been outstanding thus far although i cant yet comment on service if u have problems. Communication has been stellar thus far...now for the meat n potatoes...no need for specifics unless asked, i can tell u that par measurements are nearly identical between eshine and another major player, one i wont mention because its not relevant to this. Also, actual watts used is also nearly identical (within 40 watts of eachother)...
    So ultimately its u who must decide what's best for u, i hope this helps more than it hurts, i just wanted to chime in about my recent eshine experience. Testing is complete, only thing left is actual grow trials which i will begin shortly (hopefully). Ill say this, if the eshine panel grows similarly to another panel i mentioned earlier this will b a no brainer for me. Would i buy another eshine? U bet i would! At a savings of nearly 500 bucks per fixture who wouldnt?!?!