Advanced Cloning Techniques - Hard to Root or Valuable Plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jcj77d, Jan 12, 2009.

2. Fresh air layer roots

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leave it! Keep it Green! Peace! :bongin:

4. Do you guys have more success rooting clones with the 45 degree cut through the node or 1/4" below the node?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I used to clone roses in potato halves. Can I use them for mmj?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clone question here. If 13 clones are taken on bloom day 21, grown in a cloner till harvest, then the grow space is open for them, could you single-cola SOG the 13 clones by going strait into bloom, or how long would you veg them under 24hr MH before flipping 12/12 HPS? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I always have trouble cloning OG strains anyone have any tips? I use clonex solution along with dip and grow hormone. I use a dome for the first three days with a heat mat under the tray. Lately I have had problems when I remove the dome the newly rooted clones dry out and die so I went from 7 days with the dome down to 3. It seemed to help this morning. I normally will clone from 100 to 500 at a time with almost 100% success but lately I have been rolling at 50% and it sucks! After 20 years you would think the problems would be minimal.

8. It might be your donar plants... not sure. It isn't always the technique.
    I just started a new cloning thread in this section labeled "cloning techniques" (sorry I don't know how tag threads). Check it out.

Thanks for this, learned something new and works. +1

10. Cutting clone roots and foliage to even them up.

So I took my first clones a little while ago and didn't really think out the process very well. I need 4 plants for my setup. I took 1 one night 1 the next night and 2 about 4 days later. The first one took well the second went mushy and was replaced and 3-4 I think are not working so I doubled up on the plugs 3-4. Can you cut the roots and foliage of some clones to allow others to catch up.

I will be redesigning my bubble cloner b4 the next batch.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. Try it out and let us know what happens

• Like Like x 2
  12. b4 is really a working method, I have been using it for a long time

13. Great info! Thank you very much for sharing. I would like to try a couple of these techniques to familiarize myself with them in case they are needed! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I'm a cheapskate and this method roots 100% for me. No hormone no additives just wet pre buffered coco in a ziplock you can use rockwool or perlite if you want but would probably not try to use organic anything at this stage just in case. Scrape the stalk gently around the nodes and keep warm/damp. 4-5 days closed then open the ziplock till you see roots.

No wilt no fade 100% healthy clones in about 10 days or 14-20 for stubborn pheno's. I don't even have a heatmat, I root these suckers on op of my HID shades for warmth.

20220930_073443.jpg 20220930_073508.jpg

• Like Like x 3