Adrenaline Junkies Unite!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by UNAB0MB3R, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Heres a thread for you to share your pictures, stories, videos, aspirations and whatnot when it comes down to extreme sports. What do you do? What are you dying to try?

If it involves jumping off shit and steezy backflips i'm in. Absolutely love anything that involves a severe dose of adrenaline. I only have 10 skydives under my belt but I plan on getting that number to 150 by the end of the summer. My big trip for the end of the summer is going to be a solo HALO dive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_hagG7hsM"]John Jacobs 29,300 HALO - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

Heading off to indonesia in 6 weeks to do some surfing, scuba and skydiving, get a little taste of summer before it hits up here.

2. I love this thread already.

Just got back from my first trip to Indo - totally off season, but the surf was still beauty.

Extreme sports are definitely my deal. I love to skate, climb, jump, dive, and glide. If I could eat, drink, and breathe surfing... I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. If I had to choose something to get more into, it'd be caving. That's definitely a frontier that I'm eager to explore.

My girlfriend is from New Zealand, and I'm looking forward to spending more time there and visiting more often in the near future - they practically invented adventure.

Anyway, here's my jump pic. From Phuket, from two years ago, practically to the day.

Attached Files:

3. I've been skating all of my life, went snowboarding for the first time yesterday. It was great! Took a few pretty gnarly falls, but that's alright, I'm going surfing in Costa Rica within the next month.

4. Nice man, I love that country but i've only ever been to Bali, where abouts did you go? I only went caving once, but it was hella fun. I'd love to go again. Nothing like repelling down an underground waterfall.

Snowboarding is my meat and potatoes. I'm heading out to the mountains the first weekend in march. Trying to get my buddies to come bobsledding with me on our little road trip. Something i've always wanted to try, but havent had the opportunity till now. Should be a rush. :cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoZE-gEccnE[/ame]

Also, for all your extreme sports viddies check out InfinityList

5. I was in Bali too - Stayed north of the city for the most part, but spent a night in Kuta. It was a wild experience. I've wanted to go to Bali since the day I found out that it existed, and it was nothing that I expected or hoped it would be, but it was weirdly addicting. I'll be going back as soon as I can.

When it comes to any extreme sport, if it exists, I want to do it. And on the subject of snowboarding - I miss it. I used to shred all the time, but living where I do now, there's a serious lack of snow. Jealous of you lads planning your mountain trips.

6. yup, going snowboarding again this weekend, im STOKED! its not a mountain, but its a ski resort, with pretty nice sized hills. Steep at some points, goes through the forest and tree, and theres like a street section deal with rainbow rails, picnic tables funboxes etc.

7. I spent a week in Kuta, a week in Ubud, and 2 weeks on the island of Nusa Lembongan. When I head back I plan on spending a weekend in Kuta, just for the savage good times, a week on Gili T. Then the rest of the trip chasing surf and seeing if I can find some skydiving. Unfortunately i'm way outta season for mola mola and manta scuba, but thats alright. I'll probably find something cool to chase.

I'll be sure to shred the pow extra hard if you hit that surf extra hard for me ;)

8. I'd love to skydive and also free scale with a squirrel suit. With that being said, I hate the thought of bungee jumping, not sure why, too many factors that could go wrong I guess. I imagine my hips popping out of the socket and my torso splitting in two.

9. The force on a bunjee cord is a hell of a lot less then that of a parachute opening. Plus the adrenaline throws your heart into your chest so much more being that close to the ground and all. Giver a go mang.

10. I like jumping off rocks at waimea bay but thats not as cool as skydiving. I wanna free fall in those underwater sand holes or whatever. Thatd be so sickk

11. tempting, appreciate the info

12. This blog is one of the most motivating things I have ever come across. Check it out, and go do something cool.

LiveUnbound

13. I was infantry back in the day which gave me lots of adrenaline dumps. I try to chase those highs now. My new thing I'm looking into is paragliding. A basic 3-4 day course with 3 flights on the last day cost $350.

14. ahh the moon is so bright and big. Had to go for a late night forest run..
    Also felt the urge to mix some parkour into my run and it certainly was interesting.

Was landing some pretty big tricks off some 8-10ft creek cliffs. (Not sure what the exact name would be) Finally landed a huge gainer, which left my shoulder banged up pretty bad last time I tried.. but it was worth the rush :)
    I really want to make a video showing all the tricks I have made up through this particular patch of woods.
    I'd think you blades would enjoy it... Need to buy a video camera though..
    :eek:

15. My main adrenaline rush is drifting...nothing better then going sideways at high speeds on the edge of loosing control while still being able to handle what your doing...tomarrow im going drifting at willow springs race track ill post a video here after to see what u guys think

16. Sportbike track days. Nothing like dragging a knee, touching another bike at speed or damn near loosing control but saving it.

17. Cant wait to give her a go. What do you ride?

18. 1999 Suzuki GSXR 600 rode hard and put up wet. 600 is a great size for the track. Plenty fast but not too much power to break the rear end loose or raise the front wheel so you can concentrate more on braking and cornering. Bigger bikes might have me on the straights but cornering is where the fun is at.

19. Just counting Dow the days till Costa Rica! Went snowboarding twice in the past two weeks, stayed for 6+ hours each time, hit some big hills, got some air, but I can't get surfing off my mind. Anyone have an opinion on how they compare?

20. I enjoy surfing over snowboarding any day. Have you been surfing before? If your a noob Samara is a nice place to go in Costa Rica. C&C surf shop is the place to rent boards.