Adoption

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by mushroomsatsuji, May 31, 2010.

1. I knew from an early age I was adopted. I dont remember the exact moment but I always knew I was. Same as my sister. I have had an urge to know my bloodline but I hesitate to tell my adoptive parents about it. I worry how my mom will react. I have contacted the agency and have gathered the proper paperwork to release the file. I dont wish to meet them, just know what blood runs through my veins.

Being adopted can be something one might be ashamed of though they shouldnt. There are literally millions in the system. Some were lucky enough to get adopted at birth like me. some are still in the system. The older they get, the less chance they have. Please take a toke for these kids.

How many blades here are adopted? When did you learn and how did you react?

2. I don't see how your parents could be upset with your interest in your biological parents. I would think they would expect this interest at your age.

Best of luck on the search. Any plans on contacting them?

3. Everybody should know where they come from. Thats why I posted this. It is a weird feeling to be adopted. You always hear of clans, dynasties, legacies, honor to the family when you dont know which family you took after.

Family is family. While thinking of your origins, you must remember your history. Who raised you? Who cared for you? That is your true family. Blood or not, it is who you care about, that is your family.

4. Indeed that is your family, sir.

I'm just saying I don't think anyone could blame anyone for being curious about their biological roots.

5. That's so weird that I saw this thread.. I've been living without my father all my life. I don't know the last time I've seen him nor does my mom... But today I decided to look his name up and find him but there IS NOT ONE TRACE OF HIM.. Anywhere.. It's kinda sad.

6. My girlfriend is adopted and she is basically in the same exact situation you are. Adopted at birth, she 'recently' contacted the agency but she hasn't told her parents.
    Have you heard anything from the agency? She paid the people and we basically haven't gotten any kind of information from them.

I would love to meet her biological parents because when I see how her adoptive parents and her personality I see their traits in her, but there's still other traits that no way came from her adoptive parents only nature could have created it.

Plus she's beautiful so I want to meet the ones who created her.

7. I was told I was adopted back when I was like 8 years old or something, at the time I wasn't really aware of what that fact really meant.

I've sent my own paperwork out, in fact, last week.
    So we'll see what goes down.
    I'd like to see if they want to meet, or at the very least find out the medical history of my bloodline.